I - new world

Aerin wasn't sure where she was, or where she was going. 

All she knew was that she had received a compass, a map and a name in the mail.

This wasn't out of the ordinary, she was a vigilante after all. 

But the compass had been leading her for miles, and the map wasn't showing anything for a while, the closest being a kingdom but even that was a good travel away.

She clicked her boot into the side of her horse and sped a bit, hoping to get where the compass was leading before night fall.

Aerin was surprised about how empty these lands were. The forest seemed to stretch for miles, the rolling hills of nature untouched by the hand of people. The vigilante hadn't been this far out from her home before.

She took her small golden watch out of her satchel strapped to the saddle of her horse.

It was about midday meaning she had enough time to get some good travelling in before having to settle somewhere for the night.

Although Aerin was vastly skilled in many areas, even she didn't risk travelling at night. 

She travelled the rest of the day, only stopping a couple of times to let her horse drink for a lake or to rest. 

She had worked out on one of her stops that she was most likely headed towards the kingdom. The compass had been leading her towards it all day, and there was nothing the other side of it for miles.

The sun had started setting as the compass steered to the right. Pulling on her reigns she continued following it, the kingdom getting closer and closer by the second. 

Having never been near these lands, she quickly pulled on her mask as to not risk anyone seeing her face. 

The night had fallen by the time the supposed kingdom came into view. 

The kingdom seemed to consist of a village and other seemingly random builds covering a large area . A wooden path ran through the middle of it all. A large castle stood, a while away from the rest of the kingdom.

It was surrounded by black stone a walls, that stretched up into the sky making sure no-could get over them or through them. 

The castle was large. Aerin had seen bigger but for a kingdom far from anything else, it was impressive.

The building grew multiple stories, surrounded by many towers and bridges. 

Aerin could see a few lights flickering through the windows from her hiding spot up a tree a few hundred metres the border. 

She still wasn't sure who exactly she was hired to kill.

She was usually hired to kill powerful figures in the kingdoms she lived closer to. Her house was close to a village meaning she had a good knowledge of the politics in such kingdoms and new the big names, some of which she was hired to assassinate. However this time she had no idea who this person was.

This wasn't the first time Aerin didn't know who she was killing, and what sort of vigilante would she be if didn't have a way to get around this.

She placed her gear at the base of the tree, covering it with leaves.

She knew she couldn't enter the town with all of her weapons without raising suspicion so she just had to hope that no one would come across it.

She left her knife strapped to her forearm, as well as a few other knives and daggers scattered around her person. She retired the strings holding up her cloak and flipped the hood up, pulling it over her face. 

She readjusted her mask, making sure it covered her full face before taking off in the direction of the town.

The sun had started to set, but Aerin believed people would still be out.

She quickly made her way through the border of the trees, trying to make her way towards what she believed to be the entrance to the town.

She wanted to enter without looking suspicious.

She noted that the gates were wide open, meaning they were probably only there to stop monsters getting in during the night after curfew.

Aerin was relieved by this as it meant there was no formality for visitors. 

The girl made her way through the town, following the path. She saw of the houses had no lights on and curtains drawn but there was still a few with the lights on.

She tried to navigate the town, keeping to the path. She looked out for a pub or community centre.

She passed a few villagers on her route, most of them gave no interest into the girl and the others merely nodded in the girls direction. 

After a few minutes she finally came across what she was looking for.

A small pub sat off the side of the path. It was a two story building, with lanterns hanging of the roof and shutters on the windows. The frosted windows had plant pots in front of them off the side of the building was a swinging pub sign.

Aerin calmly walked towards the door. She stood there for a moment. The sign on the door said it was still open and she could hear people talking and music playing in the background so she used this as the sign she needed to make her entrance.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───
The beginning of this book up to maybe chapter 4 is a bit slow but pls keep reading i promise it gets better

This is a short chapter as i'm trying to work out the length I want each chapter to be so they may vary for a bit sorry

DISCLAIMER

not everything in this book will follow the exact plot of the dsmp. Im not saying this book will not follow it completely there will just be aspects that do not follow the canon plot of it. 

any triggers warning will be noted at the top of each chapter.

-R