V - back and forth

The room was dark, no candles were lit or anything.

Aerin could feel the breeze of an open window, and she was vaguely aware that the room was a bedroom.

But she wasn't focused on the appearance of the room at the moment, but instead on the figure stood in the middle.

Dream had stopped pacing when he heard the door open. 

His first thought was it was Sapnap or George or even Drista, coming to check up on him after he a had stormed out, but he quickly dismissed that idea when he realised the person hadn't knocked.

The aforementioned always knocked. 

Aerin stared at Dreams black, her fingers wrapping around the large dagger on her thigh.

She tugged at the handle and pulled it out of its sheath.

She kept her breathing steady as she raised her arm, pointing the weapon directly at the king.

She had a job to do.

Dream sighed before slowly turning around to face the intruder. 

His eyebrows raised slightly at the view in front of him. 

In the door way stood a person, dressed in green robes with a mask not much different to his own pointing a sword at him.

He crossed his arms over his chest as he examined the girl, who just stood obviously determined to do what she had came for, which wasn't entirely clear to the boy at the current moment. Little did the king know that the persons motives would become very clear in a matter of seconds.

"What do you want?" he asked lowly, getting straight to the point. 

"Money, gold? is that it?" he continued after only receiving silence, slowly taking playful steps towards the person.

"Who ar-"

Before Dream could even finish his sentence Aerin lunged at him. 

Dream quickly side stepped the attack, wrapping his hand around the girls arm.

Aerin pulled her arm back and swung her elbow at the man, landing in the crook of his neck.

The man grunted as he pushed the girl away.

Regaining his composure, Dream quickly jumped at his side table and grabbed his sword that was placed there.

Aerin growled slightly before lunging at the man again, her weapon out to strike.

Dream quickly raised his newly equipped sword up to block the attack, the metal of the sword clanging filling the room with the noise.

Both of them paused for a second before resuming the fight.

The moved back and forth, trying to get a hit on the other.

This continued for a while until Aerin managed to back Dream into the corner, hitting her arm into his wrist making his drop his weapon.

Dreams eyes widened as his sword clattered to the floor.

Aerin raised her sword to his throat.

She wouldn't normally but she hesitated.

Both of their chests heaved up and down, Aerin's lips tightened as she pushed her sword closer to his skin, the tip of it slightly pushing into his flesh.

The room was only filled with their staggered breaths as Aerin stared at him. There was something about his eyes that unsettled her. 

They were too green.