IV - a view to kill

Aerin waited until Sapnap had too stormed out of the room before slowly sliding the window across more so she could get into the room. 

Across the room there were wooden banisters that she jumped onto. 

The girl grunted slightly as her middle slammed into the wood. She scrunched her eyes up as the pain was at its most intense.

After it the pain had faded she wasted no time in swinging down and landing on the floor. 

She sighed as she pulled up the hood of her cloak that had fallen down in her descent. 

She steadied herself before glancing at the room.

Now that she was actually in the room and not just above she could get a better look at all the details. 

Above the fireplace there was a large picture, the frame gold and extravagant.

The painting itself consisted of 3 men, Aerin could identify them as Dream, George and Sapnap.

Dream was sat in the middle, sat on a red throne like chair, the frame gold and sculpted beautiful. This time the smile mask was sat securely on his face and instead of the green hoodie Aerin had seen the boy in earlier, this time he was dressed in a green cloak with silver embroidered into the edges, a darker green dress shirt and a golden crown sat proudly on his head. 

George and Sapnap, which Aerin now assumed were the princes, were sat in front of Dream one on either side. Sapnap was dressed in all black, his shirt collar up to his chin with a red and orange gem clasp on it. His shirt also had a dark red shoulder pad on one side, the leather expertly painted with chains hanging off of it, attaching to the clasp on his shirt.

George on the other hand was dressed in an identical shirt to the other prince, his however was a light blue, the collar on his shirt was frilly whereas Sapnap's was more sleek and simple. George had the same sort of shoulder pad but his was dark blue, and the pendant on his collar was the same red as Sapnap's. 

The rest of the room had the same sort of decorations. The people in these paintings Aerin didn't recognise. She could recognise Dream in one of them. This one had 3 people in them, one older man stood at the back, a sleek and fancy suite on, the crown Dream was wearing in the other painting sat on the older mans head. In the middle was Dream, wearing a similar suite to the older man but his was green and not black. In front of Dream was a young girl, who could barely be 5 years old. She was wearing a light purple suite and was grinning up at Dream, obviously not doing what she was told. 

Glancing around the rest of the room, Aerin noted the large windows that took up about 3/4 of the wall, large red curtains hanging next to them. The bookshelves on the other wall were filled with messy and unorganised piles of book. The books looked old, and there were titles that Aerin had heard of but had never seen in person. 

On that same wall was two doors. One on the further right hand side, a gap present between the two rows of bookcases that housed said door. And the other was in the centre of the room, seemingly the main entrance to the room.

Aerin had seen Dream exit through the door on the right, whereas the other two had gone through the door in the middle.

She quickly strode over to the door he had gone through. 

She new that she had spent a good amount of time waiting for Sapnap to leave, getting into the room, looking around etc that Dream was most likely somewhere else by now.

Still she took care to slowly push open the door, standing to one side so if someone was the other side of it they wouldn't immediately see her.

To her luck, the door led to a long corridor with windows and side tables either side, no one in sight. 

The girl made her way down it, keeping to the wall that faced the forest so her presence wouldn't be immediately known to anyone looking in.

She made it to the other end of the corridor, where she was faced with another door.

She pressed her ear up against it, trying to listen for footsteps or voices, to which she heard none.

 She once again repeated the same routine. Opening the door slightly whilst standing next to it.

The room was once again empty.

This time it was a large two story room with a winding staircase running up the left side of it. 

There was another door to the right but something told Aerin that Dream had gone up the stairs.

She walks up them, one by one. 

She tried to keep her footsteps as quiet as possible whilst admiring the room.

She made it up to the top and was met with once again another door.

She once again put her ear up against the door, this time she could hear someone pacing, their footsteps steady.

Aerin sighed and quickly began to prepare for whats ahead. 

Even if the person in the room wasn't Dream, she still had to be prepared to deal with whoever it was. 

She unclasped her cloak and pulled it off, revealing her long dark brown braid that ran all the way down her back and fell at her waist. There was a few smaller braids platted around it in seemingly random places aswell as a few metal clasps attached to them. 

She quickly wrapped her bow and arrows in the green fabric.

She only ever used her bow when she was killing long distance or as a last resort. Although she was incredible skilled in archery, she trusted hand held weapons a lot for close contact fighting. 

She placed the wrapped up weapon next to the door planning on coming back to retrieve it once she had finished the job. 

She readjusted her mask, took a deep breath before wrapping her fingers around the cold metal door handle. 

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ─── 

I know it is taking a while to get to it but next chapter is the stand off with Dream lol.