III - all I need

Aerin jumped from roof to roof effortlessly. Kept in mind her destination and took care to press her back against the occasional building in order to give herself a second to scout out any guards or people in general.

She got over to the building she had seen in no time. 

She was met with large windows built into the ceiling, swirls and intricate patterns welded into the glass. 

The girl perched herself behind the small wall that ran around them.

Bellow her was a large lavish room. Red seemed to be the running theme from the wallpaper to the large embodied rug that covered most of the dark hardwood floor. 

From her birds eye view, Aerin couldn't see much of the paintings on the wall, aswell as the spaces that stretched further than the windows view.

She could tell there was a large fireplaces on the left hand side of the room, that was lit. 

And she cool see bookshelves running against the wall on the right.

In the centre of the room there was 3 sofas. All three were identical, red cushions with a dark wood frame that matched the floor. The sofas were placed around an elegant round table that sat in the middle, and the sofa in the middle faced the fireplace.

On the sofa in the direct Aerin was facing was a man.

He was not dressed the way Aerin would've expected someone who lived in such a place to dress. The man was clad in a dark green jumper, baggy black trousers and boots tightly bound to his feet that went up mid shin.

He was stretched along the length of the piece of furniture, one leg up on it and the other resting against the carpet. He had blonde hair that looked a bit overgrown. From what she could see, there was a light scar running across his face.

Next to him on the other end of the sofa was a mask, with the front of it facing up meaning Aerin could see it. Her eyebrows furrowed at the black simple smiley face that was painted onto it. Next to the mask was a leather belt like strap.

She moved onto the other person in the room. This man was stood by the fireplace, the light reflecting onto his face. He had black hair that fell to his shoulders, a white bandana wrapped around his head. He was wearing a white shirt with a black one underneath it and the same sort of trousers as the other one.

Aerin was perplexed by their clothing and appearances. She had come across few that dressed the way they did. It didn't particularly match the towns people, these people were dressed a lot more casual and clean. 

The girl perked up as the door to the room opened. The man on the sofa merely turned his head slightly to look at who had entered whereas the one by the fireplace didn't even turn around.

Swiftly Aerin moved to the other side of the window in order to get a better view.

The man who had entered was dressed a bit differently to the other men.

Instead of the similar black trousers the other two wore, this mans were a dark brown. A dark red cloak was clasped around his neck and a pair of glasses rested underneath his straight brown hair.

Aerin gently placed her fingertips underneath the metal rim of the window. 

Slowly and carefully she pulled up and sighed as she felt the weight of the glass. 

She only moved it less that an inch to not risk multiple different outcomes. 

She smiles slightly, sitting back on her feet as their voices begin to fill the air.

"They still don't know he's betrayed them, but we should still use him in the next few days." The man who had just walked in exclaims, walking to the middle sofa and takes off his cloak, revealing a light blue jumper.

"We need to wait until they think they've won, until they think they are safe and then we strike. They're expecting us to attack one of these days, it's only a matter of time before they take it into their own hands" the one by the fireplace says, still not having turned around to face the room.

"I don't think they are going start anything with us. They think we are the threat, I hardly think they are dumb enough to start anything with us unprovoked." the one in the blue jumper explains, resting his arms on the back of the sofa.

"They were dumb enough to start their own fucking country and you really think they're smart enough to not attack the ones stopping them from having independence!" The man at the sofa says, raising his voice as he swings around to look at the other.

The man on the sofa hasn't said anything and has stayed in the same position, unmoving.

"I don't think they will Sapnap. They think its a game. I mean half the people on there fucking side are children!" 

So the black haired mans name is Sapnap. Aerin was slowly making progress. 

Plus she would be lying if she said she didn't find the men's squabbling amusing.

"They had the guts to make there own nation, and you think they aren't willing to fight for it! You've not been there as much as I have George, they are going to fight for their own." 

So the one in blue is George.

Aerin had a hunch who the one in green is.

"Both of you enough!" Suddenly the one in green yells, standing up.

He paces for a second, running his hands through his hair as Sapnap and George fall silent.

"We will play this out as we planned. They have no right to do what they've done and they will pay for it" He continues, pointing his finger out, almost spitting out his words.

The man huffs before striding out of the room, swinging him arm down and grabbing the smile mask and strap of the sofa as he goes.

"He's going to get us all killed and you know it" George reiterates, pointing at Sapnap. Shaking his head he grabs his cloak before going out the safe door that the other man did.

Aerin sighed, thinking that watching that entire exchange was pointless.

As much as she wanted to believe that the man in green was the Dream she was looking for. She didn't want to act on it without knowing for sure. She knew how that ended.

She was about to leave until she heard the man who was left in the room, Sapnap kicked the corner of the table.

"He know's what he's doing, Dream know's what he's doing" he says out loud to himself, as if he was trying to convince himself of the fact. 

Aerin took this as the conformation she needed.

She knew who Dream was.

Where he was.

And what he looked like.

That's all she needed to continue with the job she was hired for.