XVI - trust

Dream and Aerin rode their horses through the forest in silence.

Aerins conditions for helping the royals were that she needed to travel home first and that she wanted all her things back.

So this is how she ended up riding Apollo through trees with her long green cape flowing behind her and her longbow strapped to her back.

With the king she had attempted to kill not even a week ago riding beside her.

The only way they would let her go back to her home was if Dream went with her. It was originally supposed to be George but he opted to stay behind just in case anyone needed medical help given the impending fighting. 

Dream was perfectly aware of the threat he had made to L'Manburg the day prior. He had said that if there weren't white flags outsides their walls by dawn tomorrow they would attack.

The only problem was...

It was now passed dawn the next day and he was currently riding away from his kingdom. 

He figured it would be a good way to psych out Wilbur and the children if he didn't do anything.

He left Sapnap and George there just in case L'Manburg tried anything whilst he was away.

The assassin had told him it should only take a day to reach her home if they travelled none stop and had few stops in between.

Thinking of the assassin, who was only a few paces ahead of him on her brown horse, he realised he never found out her name. 

"You never told us your name" He states as they walk through the sun filled trees.

"I thought I already said my name is worthless to you people." She replies, not even turning to look at the man, instead opting to continue to watch the compass which sat infront of her on the saddle. 

"If we are going to be working together then it would be helpful to know what to call you, don't you think?" he tries, hoping she would just give in and tell him.

"You know, just in case" he adds, a smug look on his face that the girl couldn't see.

Scoffing Aerin sits up properly on Apollo.

"Just in case?" she asks in a teasing tone, now looking at the boy, a soft smirk settling on her lips.

"Well you know, just in case you're ever in danger and I need to swoop in and save you of course" he replies cheekily, looking ahead with a smile on his face.

The assassin scoffs once again at the king's words, not being able to keep the smile off her face.

"Why would you need my name to do that? I know what to refer to you as so realistically there is no need for you to know mine in that situation" Aerin says, smirking at the boy's expression.

Dreams face flushes red in embarrassment at the girl's words, realising what he had said.

'Uh-uuh- that's not- that's not what i meant" he stutters, glancing towards the grinning brunette.

"Then what did you mean your majesty" she teases, meeting his eyes briefly.

"I just meant it's probably safer for me to know your name" Dream says, trying to move on from his mess up.

"Mmmh" Aerin says, smiling to herself as the pair continue walking.

Aerin heart was beating rapidly in her chest. It had finally hit her what she was doing. She was leading the man she had tried to kill to her home where the two most important people in her life reside.