X - the man with the caravan

The two boys walked cheerfully out of the caravan.

Breathing in the clean air of L'Manburg, the sun cast down onto the small simple buildings that had been put up and shone against the dark stone of the infamous walls.

Their nation had been around for about a month, the threat of the king had started to set in after the excitement of the rebellion had worn off.

The rebellion had been around for a few months before L'Manburg came to be. Mainly manifesting in secret letters and inconspicuous meetings. 

It was Wilbur who had the gut to actually take action.

Which was why they had accepted him as their leader. 

Wilbur disagreed with the hierarchy of the kingdom and the tyranny they injured on the daily. In the Kingdom they were doomed to work the same job and live the same life forever, with little change or options. 

He had tried to start a business selling narcotics. 

It was this that ultimately led him to the rebellion. 

He saw a group of people who all shared the view he did but couldn't do anything successful without a leader. 

He had a place for them to meet, and a belief he was so passionate about he was willing to die for.

It had started in his caravan which was hidden in a clearing about a mile away from the suffocating walls of the kingdom.

It had started as his drug business, but became so much bigger than that.

They still only had a few members but it was a start.

There was Wilbur's second hand man Tommy. A loud and enthusiastic teenage who's family had left him in the kingdom seemingly for his own safety but ended up stuck in poverty in his small falling apart home. He was the first to follow Wilbur and the elder knew that Tommy was too young and immature to know the severity of their situation. He let it slide knowing that deep down the blonde wanted to be there and believed what they were doing.

Next was Tubbo, who was Tommy's best friend. His father had left at a young age and his mother had left even before that. He and Tommy were practically inseparable and had been growing up so naturally Tubbo had followed him when he joined the rebellion. Wilbur liked the young boy, he appreciated his optimism and happy attitude more than he lets on.

The third was Eret. Eret had been the main spokesperson for the cause before Wilbur joined. He was the oldest bellow Wilbur and was the one to organise the secret meetings before L'Manburg. He was strong in his views and enjoyed being a part of something bigger than himself. Wilbur often went to him when he needed advice on things there were doing or going to do.

And lastly was Fundy, Wilbur's son. Wilbur had had Fundy young with his girlfriend Sally, who had left a few years prior. Wilbur cared for Fundy but often struggled to look after the young boy as a single father as well as the looming threat of war. The young ginger was much like Tubbo in his optimism and got on with the two best friends very well. He kept Wilbur grounded and reminded the brunette of his long lost love.

 Wilbur was aware there were many more people in the kingdom that followed his cause. Before they moved into the caravan there would be about a dozen people at each meetings but barely any had followed out of fear of the consequences.

Wilbur thought of them as cowards.

As he looked around his nation he was grateful for the people who had followed him and was proud of the progress they had made. 

He and Tommy walked over to Eret who was stood watching Tubbo and Fundy play fight with wooden swords. 

Wilbur ignored Tommy as he rambled on about something and stood next to Eret.

"It been days since the last confrontation" the elder said smiling as he caught his sons eyes.

"I know, we should expect an attack soon" Eret replied, his face staying emotionless. 

"Do we have the supplies?" Wilbur asked. 

"We have enough to last but not nearly enough to have an advantage."

Wilbur knew they were extremely disadvantaged. 

Their opponents were royalty for gods sake,  it doesn't take a genius to work out they have less recourses than them.

"Do we stand a chance?" Wilbur asks quietly almost in a whisper. Tommy was stood the other side of Eret and the last thing Wilbur wanted was for the young boy to think they couldn't win.

Tommy could be quite dramatic at times and Wilbur had no doubt in his mind that if the blonde thought they were gonna lose he would probably tell the others that they were all gonna die or something.

"Not for very long, we have enough to hold a fight but we need to be strategic about it" Eret replies after a moment of hesitation. 

"Okay I can work with that." Wilbur says, clapping his gloved hands together. "Alright boys time to get to work" he announces.

The rest of the day's spent reinforcing the houses and the embassy.

Wilbur had sent Eret out to take Fundy foraging. He liked that Fundy had the freedom of the woods to explore, a luxury they didn't have in the kingdom. He also wanted to make sure his son had a bit of a life away from the rebellion.

The remaining three were left in L'Manburg.

Wilbur was teaching the two best friends how to build a fire. 

The sun had begun to set but it was still light enough that Fundy and Eret were okay in the woods, but Wilbur thought it was a good opportunity to teach Tommy and Tubbo a good life skill.

Of course it went exactly how he expected as Tommy was chasing Tubbo around with a flaming stick. 

Wilbur laughed slightly before telling the blonde to knock it off. 

He smiled as the two boys did as they were told and joined him back at the fire.

His smile immediately dropped off his face at the appearance of the three people who had just turned up at the gates of his nation.  

"Boys get behind me" Wilbur ordered, his voice stern as he stood up.

Tommy and Tubbo exchanged a look before swiftly scurrying behind their leader who was striding towards the trio at the gates.

Dream grinned from underneath his mask at the look on the brunettes face that walked towards them. 

The Dream team were position a bout 5 metres away from the entrance of the so called nation.

Giving the deranged leader or the children any time to speak, the king began his speech. 

"Wilbur and the rest of L'manburg..."  he began.

"We are at war." he declared menacingly, smirk present on his face.

"THERE IS NO MERCY" he yelled. 

"We have burnt down Tubbo's house, we have planted cannons around your land, we have surround this place with walls, and we have shot a single warning shot inside."

"we have NO MERCY! NO MERCY FOR YOU! we will BURN DOWN your houses, we will KILL everything  inside your walls, and we will TAKE BACK the land that is rightfully ours if you do not surrender. I wanna see WHITE FLAGS! WHITE FLAGS, OUTSIDE YOUR BASE, BY TOMORROW, AT DAWN"

And with one last breath, the king and princes left.