XII - confrontation

Aerin hid back behind the wall as Dream came walking in, mask loosely hanging from his hand.

He was dressed in full armour which made Aerin wonder where he was going.

She knew there was some sort of conflict going on.

She had heard things in the pub as well as what she had overhead Sapnap and George talk about attacking someone.

Whatever it was she didn't plan on being around the kingdom long enough for it to become a problem.

Dream picked up her items before sauntering back on of the room, closing the door after him.

Aerin decided to follow him.

She assumed he was leaving the castle, seeing as no-one wheres full heavy sets of armour just around their own castle.

She quickly hops the balcony and gets to the ground the same way she did when running from Dream.

Somehow she managed to get to the entrance the same time Dream and the two princes came out of the large doors.

She decided to follow them, hoping to get Dream alone so she could fight him enough to get her things back.

For some reason the idea of having a chance to finish her job didn't cross her mind.

She trailed the three for a while as they went into town and into the pub she went into the first time she was there.

She gulped slightly from her position in an alleyway as her gut told her they were looking for her.

She made sure to be extra hidden from then on.

After they left the pub they left the kingdom all together.

Aerin scrunched up her face slightly but followed them none the less.

She trailed them for a while, beyond glad they were going in the opposite direction of her horse and the cabin.

She was confused at the sight of smoke bellowing into the sky.

She became even more confused at the sight of large obsidian walls surround the smoke.

She broke off from following behind the trio and found a good view point in one of the large trees surrounding the place.

Her eyebrows raised slightly at the sight of a run down looking caravan in the middle of surrounding walls, dotted around the limited space were some shabby looking buildings.

She spotted a small group of people within the walls, three to be exact all stood around a fire.

She watched as Dream, George and Sapnap stopped just outside the entrance seemingly waiting for the people to go to them.

One of the unknown people, the tallest of the three walked over to the trio outside the wall.

Aerin could practically feel the fear coming from the remaining two boys, who looked young enough to be children. 

The foreign assassin was beyond intrigued as to what was happening.

She watched as Dream declared war on the people, saying a long most likely rehearsed speech about how they had burnt someone named Tubbo's house and that the land was surrounded by cannons.

She had sort of worked out the rough idea as to what was going on.

From what Dream said she knew the people within the walls had taken land from him but from the extremes that the king was seemingly going to she assumed they had done more.

From the speech she knew the taller man, the one who had gone to confront the three, was called Wilbur.

And she knew there was someone called Tubbo but she had no idea who that was.

She turned to leave as the three she had been following already had.

She planned to go back to the castle and corner Dream there.

She climbed down the tree and landed as quietly as possible.

Standing up from her crouched position her movements suddenly halt at the sound of a twig snapping behind her.

Feeling someone's presence behind her, her hand slowly reaches for the knife strapped into her belt.

"Don't even try it" the voice snarls behind her, Aerin recognising it as Dream's.

Closing her eyes, the girl tentatively begins to turn around with her hands raised.

Her breath hitches slightly at the sight of the man.

He was stood about a metre away, sword drawn out towards her.

Dream wasn't wearing his mask anymore and Aerin couldn't help but admire the was his hair hung over his brow or the stoic expression his face held.

"Who are you?" he demands, pushing the sword closer to the unknown person.

Aerin doesn't reply, simply just continues to watch the man.

"Take off the mask" He tries, after only hearing silence.

"As someone who hides behind a mask even to his own people its ironic of you to expect me to take off mine for a stranger. " she replies, voice void of emotion.

Dreams face tightens, infuriated by the girls response.

"I think we are past strangers after you tried to kill me" he snarls out.

"Tried to yes, but you still know nothing about me. You know not what my face looks like, less even my name so ultimately we are strangers"

The young King noted that she didn't refer to herself as his enemy, and although she had made an attempt on his life, he didn't need a well trained assassin posed against him.

Aerin watched as the boy thought.

It was now or never.

Her hand flew to her belt and pulled her knife free of its sheath.

Quickly and diligently she side stepped the mans sword and pushed her forearm into his neck.

Dream grunted trying to regain the control.

He failed however as the girl pulled her hand back and smashed the ball of her wrist into his, her leg trapping his arm in-between.

Successfully hitting his pressure point, Aerin smirks as her actions cause the king to drop his weapon.

Putting her arm back in its first position, the girl pushes Dreams neck against the tree behind him, not putting enough pressure for him to be choking but just enough for her to have control.

"Now this is how this is going to go" she grunts out, trying to make it clear who has the advantage.

"You are going to give my weapons back and you are going to let me leave. You will never see me again and you will forget all this has happened apart from the fact you are lucky to be alive." she explains, face close to his.

"I can't just let you go" Dream struggles out.

"You don't have a choice" she replies, brows stern and chest heaving.

"I don't think he's the one without a choice darling" a voice drawls behind the pair.

Aerins grits her teeth at the sight of Dream relieved face.

"Drop the weapon" the voice demands, the cool feeling of sharp metal suddenly become apparent on the back of her neck.

The girl sighs, knowing there was little point trying to fight.

She may be skilled but she doubted she could fight off two maybe three men all with weapons.

Her face scrunches up in frustration as she drops her knife, hands once again raising.

She turns around to face Sapnap, George not far behind her.

Before she could even say a word, something hits the back of her head and her vision goes black.