Chapter 2

Marco's POV:
Knock Knock

"Marco? Are you okay.?" It was Star.

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine. Just, um, a bit shocked from what happened."

"Yeah, I understand. If it makes you feel any better, Tom left."

He left?

"Oh, okay."

I heard her sigh behind the door. "Come out when you're ready, okay? Everyone's still here by the way."

"Okay."

I heard her leave by hearing her footsteps walk further away from my room. I groaned loudly. Why? How? Tom? There's no way. It can't be true. Tom was even shocked himself! The box thing must've been broken. There could've been a malfunction in it! After all, it was just a sick game. Tom Lucitor, having a crush, on me? That's some sick joke. Tom's tried to kill me before. We hate each other. He can't like me. It's not possible..

I heard another knock on my door.

"Heyy, Marco.?"

Shoot, Jackie!

"Can I come in?"

Is she going to bring up that I like her? What if she doesn't like me back? But what if she does? Gah!

I slowly stood up and walked to the door. I opened it and there she was, the most perfect girl I've ever seen. She smiled at me softly and then entered the room. I closed the door.

"So, uh, what are you here to talk about?"

"I think you know what, Marco."

I gulped.

"It's okay Marco. I, I know I can and will like you too if," She grabbed a hold of my hands, "If we hang out more, have some fun, and after that, I'll see if we can be in a relationship or not. I want to get to know you better first though. See if this relationship would be good. Are you okay with that?"

If I'm okay with that? Jackie isn't rejecting me! She wants to spend more time with me! She wants to see if we could be in a relationship! As long as she's here, along my side, I'll be okay with it.

"Of course I'm okay with it! I respect that."

She smiled at me, her eyes closing. Oh, I'll never get tired of that smile.

That's when she let go of one and was only grabbing one of my hands. She gestured towards the door and said, "Let's go have fun, this is a sleepover after all." I smiled warmly at her. I love her so much.

Meanwhile...

Tom's POV:
I don't like Marco!! I hate him! I hate him with all my being! I can't possibility like him?! I've tried to kill him before! I hate him! I love Star! There's no way, I, would have a crush on
Marco! No no no no no! Ugh!

I stopped pacing frantically around my room and threw myself onto my bed.

I.. I don't like Marco. No.. I don't. How could I possibly?? There must have been something wrong with that box. I could never, and I mean ever, like Marco. I like Star. Star has such a bright smile that brings others and I joy. The way she laughs and goofs around. She's always been able to bring me up whenever I was down. She never quits, she's smart, and, and.. she doesn't love me back.

I sighed and covered myself with a blanket.

Why not me..? Why doesn't anyone ever choose me. Don't I deserve love too.? Why am I always the one left alone.. I want to feel that joy and love too. I want to feel that again, with Star. Without Star, I feel like nothing, sometimes. Why can't she just love me? Maybe it's because, of how I am. She has said it before. I, I'm just some jerk who has anger issues, aren't I? Someone who can't control themselves. Someone who doesn't deserve a chance at love. I wiped the tears in my eyes threatening to slide down my cheek. They're right, I am just a demon who has issues. No wonder no one wants to stay. Why everybody leaves me. I hate myself.