Chapter 8

Marco's POV:
Today's Friday. Tomorrow will be the big day! My date my Jackie! I'm so excited. Just a couple more hours. I'll finally go out with the girl I've dreamed about and liked for years. I really hope she wants to be in a relationship! I need to start picking out what I'll wear for tomorrow. Everything has to go perfectly. I hope nothing goes wrong.

I did the usual today. I got ready, went to school, and fought monsters with Star. We had just arrived home and Star went to her room to do something. I'm not really sure what, I was busy daydreaming about my perfect date with Jackie.

I looked at the living room from the door and spotted the flowers on the table. The ones Tom gave me. Hm. They are really pretty. I sort of still don't know what to think of them that much since they came from Tom. I mean, that was a sweet gesture I guess but I still hate him!

That's when I remembered seeing Tom's face when Star gave him a new rabbit. Yeah so MAYBE it was a bit.. you know. I'm not going to say it! It was just.. the way he looked so happy.

I wish I was the one who was making him happy. I'd be here knowing I was the one making him smile and laugh like that.

Gah! Random, stupid, scary thoughts! Why would I even think of something like that?! I hate him! No doubt. That was just a out of the blue thought. I would never actually think that. Why would I! Exactly, I wouldn't!

I loudly started walking to my room and slammed the door shut. Ugh! Why is my head continuously being filled with thoughts of Tom?! Some aren't even about me hating him! I don't understand. Why is it that I want to be with Tom sometimes? Or how I like how he looks when he's happy and the way he smiles that makes me feel all warm and have butterflies in my stomach! I shouldn't be feeling that. I should be hating him. This isn't how it's supposed to be. He's someone I should hate. I always have. So why do I keep having these thoughts? I just don't understand.

Tom's POV:
The beach was such a great idea for some me time. I get to lay on this chair, watching the waves and relaxing to the sounds around me. For example, the sound of the waves, the wind, the screams of the demons that are near. So soothing and relaxing. I had my sunglasses on too which made me look even better.

That's when I felt someone approaching me so I looked at their direction. It was a boy with dark blue hair and blue-ish shaded skin. He had three eyes like me with makeup underneath them too. His hair looked fluffy and it wasn't too short but not long either.

"Um hey," the stranger greeted nervously. I took off my sunglasses. "Uh hi, what's up?"

"Um.. I-I was just wondering if.. if I could maybe have your number?"

My pupils became slightly smaller.

"Oh, uh.. I'm not really interested in being with someone at the moment. Sorry." His face turned into a understanding one. "It's okay.! Maybe we could at least be friends?" I thought about it. Making a friend is good. Considering I also don't really have any.. he'll run off eventually when he sees what I'm like anyways so.

"Sure. That doesn't sound too bad."

He pulled out his phone and so did I. We began exchanging numbers and then I remembered that I hadn't gotten his name yet. "What's your name by the way?"

"Oh it's Kieryn! What's yours?"

I smiled. "I'm Tom. I really like your name. I've never heard it before."

He sent me a soft smile. "Thank you! I like your name too!" He suddenly laughed. "It reminds me of this cartoon, which is like a show but on a square box that's called a TV, that the dimension Earth has! It's called Tom and Jerry. Tom is a cat that tries to catch this mouse named Jerry but can't seem to. You should try watching it!"