The Hospital Premises

"Which one of you tried to kill my sister??"

Altan Kartal looked up. Most of the plastic chairs inside the hospital waiting area were covered with mysterious stains, so he'd decided standing up was the best idea. Zehab and Karan didn't seem to have such aversions. They'd been waiting here for some time. The instant Demir and Seray were taken here, they were rushed to the emergency room. Tahir was taken to a private room and Karan had stationed two of his men infront of the door, just to be safe.

Twenty four hours later, Altan had contacted Seray's family and the girl standing in front of him had the same angry voice he'd heard over the phone. Kaya Perera- Seray's half-sister. There was another young man with her, tall and green-eyed with dark red hair pulled up into a topknot. He regarded them in a mistrustful fashion.

"None of us did", Altan said. "She was in a car accident. With my brother"

The girl narrowed her eyes.

"My sister hates your brother. What was she doing with him?"

Altan sighed. "You'd have to ask her. Unfortunately, she's sleeping now"

She marched up to the room and pulled down the blinds with an angry snap.

Altan had requested for conjunctive rooms for Demir and Seray, so they could be easily monitored. Now he watched Seray's pale, bandaged face through the separating glass, feeling somewhat drained. So many slip ups and the innocent bystanders seemed to get hurt the most.

The tall, red haired man placed his hand on the glass and peered in, his expression slack.

"She's absolutely battered!" He exclaimed.

Kaya let go of the blinds and leaned back. "Where's the doctor?"

"He's looking at my brother", Altan replied. "Your sister mostly has external wounds. She'll be fine to go home in about two days".

The door opened and the doctor stepped out, holding an iPad. Altan unattached himself from the wall and came forward.

"How is he doing?" He asked.

"The bullet only grazed his leg so there's nothing to worry there", he said. "His blood values seem fine. His face has taken most of the damage. But I gave him something for the pain and the swelling. He'll be fine in a few days. Just watch the leg".

The doctor left them with a breezy get-well-soon. Altan looked up to see Kaya watching him.

"A bullet?" She asked. "How did your brother get a bullet from a car accident?"

Zehab and Karan looked at Altan in unison. He decided to sidestep her question.

"Didn't you want to talk with the doctor?" He asked. "You could get answers to most of your questions from him".

Kaya gave him a long, considering look, tapping her clenched fist against her thigh. The red haired man put a hand on her back and ushered her away, before she could cause a scene on the hospital ground. Altan breathed a sigh of relief.

He opened the door and went in to check on his brother.

Demir was propped up against pillows, eyes hazy, hair rumpled all over his head. His leg was cushioned against a cast. He scowled fiercely, when his eyes landed on Altan.

"You knocked me out with pain meds!" He groaned. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"The doctor did it for your own good", Altan said. "How are you feeling?"

He muttered something under his breath. The swelling in his face had mostly smoothed over, revealing the sharp planes of his cheeks. Altan felt a sense of déjà vu. How many times had he seen Demir in this state, beaten up, wounds peeking through the bandages, hands and legs wrapped up in casts? He'd gone straight from an angry teenager to an angry man with issues. Altan heaved a deep sigh.