Chapter 5: Of Bonds And Bit Beasts

A.N: Howdy peeps! Sorry,, updates might be a little slow as school is choking me *gag*. But, I will try my best to post the chapter here as soon as I type it. Also, an idea for two other fics have been running in my mind, so I might post those next instead of updating this fic... I will give you one hint for each story, and let me know if you want them, or if I should just continue with this fic and then write those after I have finished this fic, which I have no idea when it will end. But, before the hints, you can read this chapter, don't worry. I will give the hints at the end.

CHAPTER - 5: OF BONDS AND BIT BEASTS

"Where do we start," Tyson wondered with a finger on his chin.

They were all sitting on the grass, Kenny, Max, and Ray waiting for the other two to explain whatever was going on.

"The battle we had during BEGA," Kai supplied silently, his eyes closed as sat leaning against a tree with his arms crossed.

"Good idea," Tyson agreed. "Okay, so, during that battle, which was amazing, Kai and I could read each other's minds. It was like we were working with copies of ourselves! And then, we were transported to a place with shooting stars and planets." Tyson paused to sigh. "It was unreal."

"Dizzy, are you getting this?" Kenny whispered to his beloved bit beast while Tyson was talking, and Dizzy gave him an affirmative.

"Then, after we healed up, we had another battle on top of the hill, right before you guys left. We tried to get to that place again, but couldn't go all out with our powers."

"Wait, so on that day, you guys were downplaying it?!" Max exclaimed.

"Uh, yeah. Otherwise there would have been a hell lotta destruction," Tyson said with a shrug, while Max's mouth was hung open.

"Anyways, so, Gramps, the monkey, and I convinced Kai to stay with us, because apparently he was planning to stay on the streets!"

Tyson stopped to turn to Kai, who still had his eyes closed, and glared at him, to which Kai gave a small, barely there smile.

"During our later battles, we tried to go there again and again, but it just didn't happen. God, it was frustrating. Then, one night, when it was raining cats and dogs, I woke up in a cold sweat, and there was this gut wrenching feeling that something was terribly wrong. And that was the beginning of the whole fiasco."

He paused for dramatic effect, and Kai swiftly slapped his head.

"Ow! Fine, fine. No respect for theatrics these days,l Tyson grumbled.

"Tyson!" Three voices shouted.

"Okay! Dragoon and Dranzer spoke to us, alright! That was what happened."

It was silent for one second, before the three started shouting all at once.

"What do you mean they spoke -"

" -Is it possible for bit beasts to -"

" -What did they -"

"Shut up, everyone," Kai said above the shouting.

Immediately silence fell again, because Kai had used his Captain voice.

"Now, if you would listen to the whole thing without interrupting, I will explain it, because obviously leaving it the idiot was the wrong choice."

The 'idiot' being Tyson, who was glowering at Kai, but of course, he was paid no heed by Kai.

"On that night, I was upgrading Dranzer's blade, when she came out unsummoned. I -"