Chapter - 6: Destiny!

A.N: Hey, you all! Did ya miss meeeeeee?! I missed you guys loads! I am soooo sorry for not updating sooner, but I was posting some fics I had posted on FF.net, but not on A03 and Wattpad, and I was also working on Ménage Batman version, on top of dealing with hell lotta school work. Even now, I am here instead of writing my notes, because I really missed you guys. Thank you all, for your comments! So, here you go! Hope this chapter was worth your wait!

Chapter - 6: Destiny!

"One at a time, guys!" Tyson shouted over three voices as his friends fired question after question. "Okay, that's it - Ray, you are first, Kenny second, Max third, and Dizzy, if you have any questions, ask after Max."

"You almost got hit with a car?!" Ray exclaimed.

"Uh, yeah," Tyson said sheepishly, rubbing his neck. "I didn't look to my right while crossing, and the driver was drunk, so it was a close call. Man, you should've seen Kai! He was so mad!"

"Really?" Max asked, looking at Kai, and was rewarded with a nonchalant "Hn."

"My question is to both of you - You said that you can control each others' bit beasts right? So, have you tried combining their powers?" Kenny asked next next, as usual focused on the blades and bit beasts.

"Uhh, have we?" Tyson asked Kai, scratching his head.

"No," Kai replied. "But, I was planning to do it, before you almost got yourself killed."

"Oh, you never mentioned it," Tyson mused. "We can try it though. Now?"

"No! We have questions!" Max said, before Kai could reply.

"Alright, fine," Tyson sighed. "Shoot away, Maxie!"

"This might seem a bit personal, so you don't have to answer if you don't wanna, okay?"

Tyson and Kai nodded.

"Remember how we even got into this topic? Kai did something you didn't like, after you broke some kind of promise. What did he do?"

"Umm..." Tyson glanced at Kai, and after Kai gave his approval through his eyes, Tyson sighed.

"Ever since we knew that we could read each other's minds, we tried to keep away from listening to what the other was actively thinking, as it was an intrusion of our privacy. We have a code word, which serves as a permission, before entering the other's head. And, well, Kai didn't use the code word before he read my mind, which made me mad. But, it was my fault as I broke my promise."

"You guys have changed so much!" Max exclaimed, speaking aloud what he, Ray, and Kenny were thinking since thatthat morning.

Tyson laughed and said, "No Maxie. We haven't. We just know each other well now, that's all."

"If you say so," Dizzy said in a cheeky, sing-sing voice.

"Do you have any questions, Dizzy?" Tyson asked.

"Actually, I do. This is for Kai - Kai, have you been experiencing flashbacks, or black outs?"

"I have," Kai admitted hesitantly.

"Hmm. You lost your memory after you came out of the Abbey, right?"

"It was before I came out," Kai corrected, still talking quietly. "In fact, that's why I came out in the first place."

"Dranzer is a Phoenix - she has the ability to heal, right?"

"This is not one question, Dizzy, this is an interrogation."

"I know, and I am sorry, but please, just answer me."

"Okay. Yeah, Dranzer can heal others."

"You also said that Dragoon and Dranzer are tethered to each other."