17. Private but not a secret

I saw Taehyung coming to us as a huge tint got spread on Seyeon's cheeks. She immediately stood up and left to washroom before Taehyung settled down. Raising an eyebrows I gave a grin to Taehyung and asked," Was the kiss an accident?"

He smirked while tilting his head. Shaking his head sideways, telling no, he chuckled," I purposely leaned super close to her, making sure when she would turn around our lips would brush. I planned that but never knew that she would be too shock to pull back. We stared each other deeply lost with our lips connected until the cart started going down."

"Woah! You are one sneaky link, I guess. But dare you play with her and leave you bald." He marked my words then went to order smoothies for us. He was still at the counter when Seyeon came back.

When she sat across me, nervously glancing at Taehyung I said," Stop being so scared for God know what. He won't eat you and considering him as my bodyguard you have to see him everywhere. You can't avoid him."

"I am not scared but shy. I can't figure out whether to proceed or put him down. He still hasn't asked me out."

I let out a sigh and consoled her. " He is hitting on you and if he won't ask you out then I am so ready to hit him. Literally hit him."

"Who are you referring to?" Taehyung plopped on the chair after handing us the respective smoothies. She immediately started slurping, not wanting to answer while I shrugged my shoulders," About some dumbass, you don't know him."

"Ok, fine." He also sipped while scrolling through his phone until I heard him almost cursing. " Oh no! Today's Hoseok's birthday and I haven't bought him present." He went in panic mode so I suggested," Take Seyeon with you. She has a great presence of mind which would help in choosing a gift." She choked on her drink as Taehyung went to rub her back.

Seyeon sent me a glare but it was too fun to tease her. Taehyung was quite happy with the advice and before she could say anything he said," Oh I'll be blessed to have her care. But what about you?"

"I will go back home and then drive to the party alone. I'm an adult and for sure appa won't mind if I will tell him about you guys being there too. He trust you."

Seyeon hummed before getting up after us. I led the way, giving chance to Taehyung to walk beside her. I didn't mind getting a little less attention because I really wanted my best friend to get into a relationship. Walking out of that place I settled down in the backseat with Seyeon as Taehyung drove me home then went away with her to the shopping mall.

It was already evening so I thought of getting ready. Not like it was happening in a club nor in the presence of his parents, so something so-so would work as I didn't wanted them to get suspicious with the price of clothes I had.

Opening the closet I sighed watching piles of branded clothes but digged through those to get access to a denim jeans, a loose white top and a black leather jacket. The curls rolled down, applying a bit touch up to the skin. Completing the wear with a pair of sneakers I grabbed the present and came down.

I tip toed to the key holder since my parents were probably in their room. As I held the key to the car door wasn't far away as I almost sneaked out of it but someone cleared their throat.

I was caught red handed.

Pressing my lips together I turned around with an awkward smile. "Eomma.. I-I will be back before midnight. It's just a birthday party."

"I don't object. Take the driver."

"No, everyone will doubt. Seyeon and Taehyung will be there so don't worry it's just a short drive." She thought for a minute, eyes constantly switching between me and the gift then she said," Have fun."