20. Heir

Eomma stared at my bewildered state and said," Have confidence. It's all you in few months. Money, no problem. Fame, no problem. But we want you to listen to us right now."

I nodded, eyes anxiously switching between them. Appa said," I was 18 when it was handed to me. Unlike you my name was already in media so it might explode if you'll officials introduce yourself to the world."

"Can't we wait? I have my exams and stuffs. I can't-"

"We can but not for too long. When the news spreads about this, people gonna dig to the core, getting their hands on you. So, before they trap you, come clean." Eomma ensured me but it didn't lessened my restlessness.

Appa took a deep breath and said,"That's why we have decided to throw a party after your exam to reveal your identity. Prepare yourself."

"For what?"

"For the world to bow at you. I know it might seem cliche but that's the truth. Enemy and friends both will form the crowd, you won't know who to trust as everyone will hide their intention with a mask. Sweet to you at front but won't leave a chance to stab you."

"Why is it so complicated? If it's that dangerous then why now? We can do this next year or until I get matured. It's too early."

"Rules can be broken but traditions can't. I was scared exactly like you when your grandparents gave me a life lesson. They said that money and love will blind you to your end unless you over-power them."

He bitterly chuckled as a great aura radiated from him. It was leadership from him emitted to me.

"I still remember the fire in his eyes and now I understand how he felt watching me sitting in front. I'm looking at you my dear, those same eyes filled with the desire to explore the world but look at me now. I am sitting here with the world bowing at me because I found my way to overpower them. I expanded the company and married the love of my life and you as my daughter have the same energy."

"What if I disappoint you? I am not the best. I cannot compete with the talented ones."

"You are a skilled one, my dear. If talent is not blessed, we earn experience through hardwork. And I would deny any word against you not being the best. You are a top tier in my eyes, best of the best. One day you'll grow old and find it so silly to be sitting on there with panic but believe me sitting at my place would open your eyes."

"I'm just not sure if it's the right time." They went silent as I was still not convinced. I was not confident.

Eomma sat beside me and cupped my face, gently. She said," If you are lost in a forest, will you see the destination?" I shook my head sideways and she answered," Exactly, you won't but when every single step of yours would lead you to an escape. Now now but someday. In the same way you might be lost in your thoughts but with time you'll figure out it yourself. Until then we are here to help you. Appa will still manage as a subordinate so relax."

"I... Can I ask for something?" They raised their eyes when I stopped fiddling with my fingers and looked up at them. "I am okay with this declaration but I would sign the legal documents after few months."

"Why?

"I don't want to break off with my friends on my birthday with the outbreak of news. It would leave bad memories. I want time to change their feelings for me so that when they would see me everywhere, they won't feel cheated."

"Fine with us. Preparations would be postponed unless you say." I hummed in response before getting up. Eomma gave  a side hug to appa and said," Remember we love you."

"I know. I love you both too."

I came back in my room after closing the door. First, my exams were coming and now this. It was perhaps a phase very important to me, individually.