3

"Sirius, wait! C'mon, please!" Remus pleaded, running after Sirius, leaving James on the hill.

"I don't want to hear it Remus."

Remus.

Sirius hadn't called him that for years.

"It isn't what it seems! I promise you, please, just hear me out!"

"Really? Because it seems like you ditched us for my Death Eater brother." Sirius replied sharply, turning to face Remus. "How long have you known?" He asked.

"I-" Remus stammered, the pleasant weather suddenly felt hot and suffocating. He hadn't seen Padfoot this angry since... ever.

"How long have you know?"

Remus closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"A couple weeks, but I've had my suspicions since school started." He whispered quietly, choking over his words.

"I trusted you Remus Lupin."

Trusted.

"I trusted you with my whole being and this is how you repay me?" Sirius was now red in the face, his face contorted with anger.

"You disappear for hours at a time only to discover you are hanging out with my Death Eater brother. Do you have any idea how much of an arse you've been?"

A tear rolled down Remus's face.

"Padfoot, please, you have to understand that I was trying to do this for you..."

Remus tried to grab for Sirius's hand only for Sirius to rip his hand away, taking a few steps away.

"For me? I have hardly seen you in weeks, Remus."

"I know how hard it was for you to leave him. I know you love him," Remus tried to reason with him, reaching forward to grab Sirius's shoulder. "You all have spent the last six years helping me with the full moon. I just wanted to give you something in return. You are everything to me Sirius. Can't you see that?"

"Then you should understand that I have accepted that Regulus is one of them. He is no better than my father. I want you here Moony, not off on some impossible mission to save my little brother."

Sirius jerked his shoulder away, leaving Remus alone on the grounds of Hogwarts.

He was mad, at himself mostly. He knew that Regulus wasn't like the others but a part of him also knew that it would be easier if he was. Sirius didn't think his brother was evil, he was scared to lose him. Remus knew Sirius too well to be fooled by his reaction.

He had heard the sobs coming from the bed next to him in their dorm after Sirius ran away. He knew that when Sirius missed Regulus he drank pumpkin juice because that was his brothers favourite. He knew that he wore his brother's Slytherin scarf under his jacket during the colder months. Most of all, he knew he missed him.

---------

Hey y'all sorry for the short update! Been super busy! Will update asap!