5

"You have to talk to him eventually Pads, you can't stay mad at him forever." James pleaded.

The Marauders were held together by Remus and Sirius. Without them, they all were a little lost.

"I can and I will." Sirius quipped back, his nose in the air, holding a sense of superiority.

"Oh bloody hell it is so obvious you are in love with him. Now, makeup and kiss." James's exasperated voice rang through the empty common room, the paintings on the wall intently listening to the conversation to get their daily fix of drama.

"Me? In love with Moony? Seems likely." Scoffed Sirius, believing with his whole being that this statement was ridiculous.

"Oh my Merlin you may be more oblivious than me."
James rubbed his face, attempting to wipe away the frustration.... and failing.

After roughly a half hour of bickering with Sirius, James decided it would be much more fun to bother a certain someone. He checked the Marauders Map, searching for his name. The library, of course.

-------
"Must we always meet like this?" James drawled out, Regulus's striking green eyes shooting up to meet James's warm and comforting brown ones.

James sat down on the chair opposite Reguus.

"Like what Potter? You tracking me down and pestering me with news of my brothers gay love affair?"

"Precisely." James said with a shit-eating grin.

Regulus popped up from his chair, packing up his charms books.

"Care to join me for a stroll Potter?"

"Suddenly not so worried about being seen with me?"

"My reputation can take a hit," he smiled wryly, "besides, I am in desperate need of some coffee."

"Coffee? Gross?"

"Says you! 'Mr.I-put-ketchup-on-fucking-everything." Regulus argued. James laughed, taking this as an opportunity to tease to younger boy.

"Is this your covert way of saying you're in love with me Reggie? Watching me eat at every meal, taking me on a romantic walk to the kitchens?"

This flustered Regulus.

"Maybe it is. Even so, I promise you, if I were to ever announce to the world my love for James Potter, the announcement would have much more flair." Regulus said facitously. James sensed the end of the conversation and decided to change the topic, in hopes Regulus would want to keep talking to him.

"How's that Avery girl doing? Rumor has it she quite likes you." James asked.

"Huh? Oh, Elora? Not sure. Been avoiding her." Regulus mumbled, as if he didn't want James to hear what he had said.

"And why on Earth would you be avoiding her? She's a stunner! You absolute dunce!" James screeched.

Regulus stopped to face Potter, giving him an 'are-you-fucking-kidding-me?' look.

"Salazar, Potter you are stupid."

"What's that supposed to mean?!" James replied, offended he would say such a thing.

"If you are becoming an auror after school we are all doomed. Not exactly observant are you Jamesie."

"Jamesie?" James asked, his eyebrow cooked.

"I'm gay, Potter." Regulus said in a blunt tone.

"Oh..."