4

"He just needs time Moony."

"I know..." He sniffled, pulling the sleeves of the sweater over his hands, wiping away his tears.

"He'll come around Rem. Knowing Padfoot he won't be able to stay mad at you for long."

"Thanks James."

"C'mon, lets go back to the common room and eat some chocolate. I know you have an emergency stash tucked away in the dorm." James gave him a sad smile, his eyes full of compassion. Euphemia's sympathy had rubbed of on her boy.

----------

"What do you want Lupin?" Regulus called out from the ledge of the astronomy tower, his legs hanging over the side.

"No need to sound so annoyed Reg, it's just me, your lovely brother's most handsome friend."

James.

As much as Regulus wanted to believe he hated James, he often thought his antics were rather entertaining and found himself staring at the boy at breakfast because no one should look that attractive with bed head.

"I had heard you were full of yourself Potter, just never seen it first hand. I suppose I can cross that off my bucket list."

"Bucket list?" James chuckled out. 'What a ludicrous term' he thought.

"Muggle thing." Regulus picked at the skin around his nails.

"Wouldn't take Death Eater Regulus Black to be so fond of muggle things." James said in a sarcastic tone, letting out a dry laugh.

"What would you know Potter? You don't know me at all. Stop pretending like you do." Regulus bit back at James.

"Well, I'm afraid I can't do that." Regulus eyed James questioningly. "You see, two of my dearest friends seem rather up in arms over you currently." He sent James a knowing look.

"And as sorry about that as I am, I don't believe that truly has anything to do with me." Regulus smirked, the previous tension melting away from his voice being replaced with a rather light and joking inflection.

"I think you might be right. Say, care to join me for a stroll to the lake?"

"And be seen with you? Merlin, are you mad? As much as I would love to have an unforgivable used on me, I'd prefer to stay right here."

"Suit yourself Reggie, you'll be missing out on my dashing looks and spectacular personality!"

"Shut up lover boy! Go bother Evans, won't you?" James sent his a goofy smile as he walked out down the stairs.

Regulus had to hide his smile for the rest of the day.