ii. 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter

"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter. Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face." Councilor Blatt continued on the next morning for the assembly. Alexa was not feeling it today, having a bad morning and was slumped against Demetri. "I'm not gonna name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity."

Alexa shut her eyes in disbelief, reaching over to put a hand on Eli's shoulder when a few chatters ran through the cafeteria, his hand coming up to shield his face.

"You know, if you're sick of getting bullied, my karate dojos looking for recruits." Migeul looked toward Eli as he gave a small smile.

"Yeah, right. You hear that, Eli? A little karate training and you're gonna kick some major ass." Demetri mocked, waving his hands around and accidentally knocking Alexa's glasses off. "Oh, shoot. Sorry, Lex."

"I'm serious, Demetri." Miguel spoke up as he adjusted in his seat to look toward the couple. "My senseis the real deal. I'm sure I could get all three of you discounts."

"It's a girls dojo too?" Alexa asked, half her head still pressed against Demetris arm as her glasses were slightly crooked.

"Well, yeah, i'm sure." Miguel nodded her way.

"As enticing as that sounds, I think we'd rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control then getting hit in the face." Demetri pointed out, motioning between him and Eli before rubbing the side of Alexas head.

"Oh, and one last thing. While we're all looking forward to the Halloween dance, let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive." the councilor went on, getting the trios attention again. "For example, instead of sexy nurse, maybe try gender-neutral hospital employee."

Alexa looked to the right, seeing Mr.Bryant walk through the cafeteria with his brief case, leaving a meeting. Alexa tucked away slightly. Demetri noticed, tapping the side of her face. "What's going on with you?"

Her eyes shifted upwards, an innocent look swarming them. "Late night."

"Watching reruns of Hell's kitchen again?" he gave a questionable look.

"Yeah." Alexa gave a sigh, looking in the direction again. "Wanna walk me to class?"

The bell had rung, and Alexa latched onto Demetris hand after wishing Eli and Miguel bye. "Are we gonna go to the dance?"

"My moms think we should." he said, moving as someone slammed into his shoulder. "You better get some sleep before, though."

Alexa gave a tiny smile, stopping infront of math class as she looked weary inside. "I wish we had all our classes together."

Demetri wasn't sure where all this clingy side of her came from, but he didn't think to question it. "I can meet you here right after if you want to walk together again?"