xvi. 𝐇𝐨𝐰'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?

"Lex, you missed it! It was so badass!" Hawk ranted on as Alexa walked into practice

"Lex, you missed it! It was so badass!" Hawk ranted on as Alexa walked into practice. "We were all running on stage and yelling, Miyagi-Do looked like a bunch of pussies. I can't believe you weren't there."

"I'll take your word for it." she hummed, patting his back.

"You gotta understand that Mogadishu in the '90s was a hellhole." They walked into a conversation with Aisha and Sensei Kreese. "Warlords controlled whole swaths of the city. My team and I were charging with cleaning the place up."

"How many warlords did you kill?" Hawk nodded in his direction.

Kreese shrugged. "You keep track of every ant you stomp on?"

"Damn!" Alexa yelled out, louder then intended.

"Badass." Hawk agreed with a grin.

"They were outgunned, we were outmanned. I tell you...Rwanda was no joke." Kreese went on with this war stories to the curious trio.

"Don't you mean Somalia?" Miguel spoke up, getting to his feet. "Mogadishu is in Somalia, Rwanda's a whole different country."

Kreese eyed him a moment. "Of course, Somalia. I've spent so much time in the sandbox, it all kind of bleeds together, you know?"

"Listen up!" Johnny called as he walked from his office. "I see we've got some new recruits. Everybody, fall in. In neat rows and lines."

"How many do you think are gonna throw up and cry?" Alexa joked with Miguel as they walked to their marks.

"Of, definitely most." he agreed with a grin her way.

"Time to see what you're made of." the blonde sensei eyed them.

He passed Alexa effortlessly, her face fell, thinking him seeing her would click to what he was suppose to do last night, stopping to the redhead in the back. "Straighten up, ginger twins."

She looked back to see him stopped before and older man . "Sorry, parents can't stay for class. It's an insurance thing."

"Oh, i'm not a dad. I-I am here to kick some ass, sir." the man announced.

Johnny had a quieter conversation, taking cash from his hand before walking forward. "I thought my last group of recruits was pathetic. But if you do what I tell you to do, you'll at least have a chance of becoming a fighter. But to do that, you gotta fight. So, which one of you has the balls to take on the champ?"

Silence passed, Miguel standing confidently before a feminine voice came from the back. "I'll take him on."

They all turned, looking toward a girl with dark roots but blonde the rest of the way. Alexa recognized her immediately, the smoothie place. Johnny looked at her, almost judging like. "Oh, you will, huh?"

She nodded, shifting on her feet. "I saw your little demo at Valley Fest. You guys can put on a show. Can you actually fight?"

Alexa grinned a little, watching closely. Johnny walked closer to her. "That sounds like a challenge."