Chapter 7

(A/N): In this story, MK has weekends off from work. Most of the time, he spends his Saturday and Sunday evenings training with Monkey King.

Red yawned as he scooped some of the scrambled eggs he had been cooking onto a plate. He had slept surprisingly well last night, but that hadn't stopped him from still being super tired this morning.

He sat down at the small table to the right of the kitchen and started eating his breakfast, which consisted of eggs, bacon, and toast. As he ate, his thoughts wandered back to last night. Noodle Boy went straight to bed... That's unusual. He usually watched Monkey King: The Animated Series or plays video games before bed. Is he ok? Maybe I should check on him once I finish eating. Red Son quickly finished his food, put his dishes in the dishwasher he had emptied this morning (I swear, chores would never get done around here if it wasn't for me... Red thought, mentally shaking his head.) and walking over to MK's room.

*Knock* *knock* "Hey, are you up? May I come in?" He asked through the door.

"Yeah I'm up, and yes you can come in just give me a second..." MK responded.

Red heard shuffling around on the other side of the door for a bit until the door opened to reveal his roommate in a white T-shirt and red shorts. He must of just gotten out of bed, since his hair is down and all messy. Jeez, that boy is such a mess. Woah, much like his room. Ah, Red Son, stop being so judgmental! Noodle Boy is letting you stay at his place, the least you could do is hold back all your judgement. Red thought as he stepped through the door.

"*Yaaawn* What's up, Red?" MK said sleepily.

"O-Oh uhm..." Think! What can I say instead of 'oh hey MK, just wanted to check on you cause I was worried about you'! Uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh.... "Just wanted to let you know that there's some eggs and bacon on the stove if you want some." Okay, nice save.

"OK, thanks! I'll be out in a minute."

Red Son was about to close the door when he noticed a large instrument in the corner of the room.

"You have a guitar?" He asked.

"Huh? Oh yeah it was an impulse buy haha. I tried to learn how to play it but I gave up after a bit and never gave it away. Why? Do you play?" MK responded.

"A little bit. It was one of the few hobbies I had that I was allowed to keep up. However, I had to leave my guitar behind when I.... Moved out."

"Oh... I'm sorry. Do you wanna play mine? You should play me a song!" Noodle Boy said with excitement.

"Okay okay just pass it over to me and calm down, jeez." Red Son said rolling his eyes, but deep down he was really happy at the chance to be able to play guitar again. He grabbed the neck and body of the instrument.

He got into playing position and scoured his mind for a song to play, when he settled on Astronomy by Conan Gray.

He closed his eyes and ran his left hand along the strings on the neck to form the correct notes in the song, strumming the strings on the body. He played the rhythm of the first verse and only sang when he arrived at the chorus.

"We've traveled the seas,
We've ridden the stars,
We've seen everything from Saturn to Mars.

As much as it seems,
Like you own my heart,
It's astronomy,
We're two worlds apart."

He finished off with one last note. When Red opened his eyes, he saw a starstruck MK staring at him a foot and a half away from his face.

"WHOA!" Red Son exclaimed, falling over with the guitar still strapped across his body. It took him a second to get back up after brushing off his red sweatshirt.

"Sorry, sorry" MK apologized, his face turning a bit red. "I just thought you did an amazing job! You're so good at playing the guitar and you're singing voice sounds super good too!"

Red Son was not expecting him to say that. "Really? My mother always said that it was a waste of time to practice so much since I 'wasn't any good at it', so thank you. I appreciate it."

"Yeah no problem! Now, I'm starving, so I'm going to take you up on that offer about the eggs and bacon." MK said, rushing out of the room and over to the stove. Red Son wondered why he was in such a hurry to leave the room, but he followed him to the kitchen anyways, making sure to close the door behind himself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N): Hiii sorry for the shorter chapter. If you noticed the tiny reference to the Owl House I put in there (when Red Son fell backwards after seeing MK so close to his face), good for you, good for you.
Have a great day/night, folks!

857 Words