Chapter 8

MK was scooping eggs and bacon onto a plate that he had grabbed. Meanwhile, he was trying to calm his racing thoughts and his blushing face. Red Son actually sang to me!!! He sounded so awesome and he looked so cute with how concentrated he was and oh my gosh why why why whyyyyy?! He sat down at the table and gobbled down his food. Red sat at the other end of the small, circular table and stared in amazement as the food he had prepared disappeared before his eyes.

"Is it really that good?" He asked. All MK could do was nod his head while letting out a muffled "mhm!".

Red Son chuckled. "Well I'm glad you enjoy it! My cooking skills are one of the many things I pride myself on the most."

After breakfast, MK went and sat down on the couch, playing Monkey Mech while Red just stood there, leaning on the wall, and watched. MK, feeling slightly awkward, had a sudden thought. "Hey, I have an idea! Why don't I teach you how to play Monkey Mech since you played me a song this morning? Then we can play it together! That is... If you even want to learn how to play it... It's really fun, I promise!" He begged.

"I don't know Noodle Boy... I don't even know how to work the playing contraption."

".... Do you mean the controller?"

"You tell me! I don't have the foggiest idea what any of this stuff is or does!" Red defended himself with a defiant 'hmph'.

"Wow, you really do have a lot of actual living to catch up on. Now, come sit down on the couch so I can teach the ways of one of the best things in this world: Monkey Mech!"

~~~~~~~~~~~ Red Son's POV ~~~~~~~~~~~~

After what felt like years of explanation, Red finally had a good enough grasp on how to play Monkey Mech to actually play the game. They competed against computers for a few rounds and then they decided to battle against each other (A/N: I have no clue if you can actually do PvP in Monkey Mech, but for the sake of this story, you can now.) as a true test of Red's gaming abilities, and to both of their surprise, Red Son actually beat MK.

"Wh-- How did-- How is that.... HUH?!" MK stammered in complete shock.

"I HAVE NO IDEA! Is this what being victorious feels like? It feels... I believe the word I am looking for is awesome," Red Son replied, just as surprised but his shock was mixed with a triumphant feeling.

"But, like, HOW?! Your fire powers must have done something to the TV or the console or something because there's NO WAY you beat me!"

"How dare you accuse me of something of that sort? Also, that's not at all how pyrokinesis works, Noodle Brain." Red said in a joking tone of voice.

"I demand a rematch! You're going down, Fire Boy!" MK shouted, matching Red Son's comedic tone.

Fire Boy? Huh. That's a new one. How have I never heard that before? How is the Monkie Kid the first to give me that nickname?
Red Son wondered as he glanced at MK. Then he noticed a look of realization and slight dread settle on the Noodle Boy's face.

"Ugh. Dang it. I forgot about my training with Monkey King. *checks the time* AAAAH WHICH I AM VERY LATE FOR SORRY RED I REALLY GOTTA GO K BAAAAAI!!" And with that, MK sped off to Flower Fruit Mountain.

*Sigh* Is that boy ever on time for anything? Red Son asked himself with a slight smile on his face as he watched the Monkey King's apprentice scramble to go meet up with his legendary mentor. In the mean time, Red will be busy beating MK's high score.