Chapter 18

TW: Mental Breakdown

---------------------------------------------------

Red Son sleepily blinked his eyes open. The first thing that he noticed was that he couldn't remember falling asleep. Honestly, he couldn't remember anything that had happened last night after eating snacks at the arcade. That's odd... my memory has always been very sharp... he thought. The second thing he noticed, however, is that he was laying on top of something warm. It felt like the source of the strange warmth was hugging him. That was when he realised that it was hugging him, and that the warm thing was actually MK.

Well crap. Do I try to escape or not? On one hand, this is an incredibly odd situation and it's quite confusing, but on the other hand, MK is hugging me as we lay together in his bed. Oh God what do I do?? Red Son was weighing his options in his head when he felt MK shift slightly in his sleep beside him. Red's stomachs exploded in a twisted and nauseating but yet exciting kind of way. He couldn't really decide if he liked it or not.

He squirmed a little bit to try and wake MK up, who was luckily a very light sleeper so he woke up very shortly after. MK groaned a bit and then looked up at Red with tired eyes.

"Good morning, Red," He said. Red Son's face blew up into multiple different shades of bright red. There was practically steam coming out of his ears because of how flustered he was.

"What do you mean, 'good morning'?? Why are you saying that so casually and why are you clinging to me like a koala?!" Red whisper shouted.

"Well you started it! Oh wait... You probably don't remember anything... I guess I could fill you in on everything that happened last night," MK said.

A dreadful feeling grew in Red's gut. "Yes, yes I would love an explanation but first I would love for you to RELEASE ME."

MK let go of the demon and they both sat up in the bed. MK then started to tell Red Son everything that had happened last night, as Red just sat there with his mouth gaping open and his face growing increasingly warm and red. He was absolutely mortified by his actions.

(Btw, he doesn't get affected by hangovers because of some demon reason I don't know lol he just doesn't get the morning effects.)

I... I cannot believe I called him pretty and said that I wanted to be with him forever... I mean, all of that is true but still... how did I even get drunk in the first place? He wondered. Red glanced at MK and noticed that he was visibly uncomfortable. Oh yeah... I guess I should apologize...

"Hey. I'm sorry I put you through that. I was being irresponsible and it lead to you being uncomfortable. I apologize," Red Son said, bowing his head in shame, face still as red as a tomato.

MK panicked a little bit. Oh no! He probably thinks that I think that he's weird for saying all of that stuff, but that's not it at all! In all honesty, it was kind of fun. He thought to himself.

"N-NO! No, it's okay! It didn't really bother me!" MK said in a hurry.

"Oh. Okay then," said Red. He truly did feel relieved, but there was another sinking feeling worming its way into his gut.

He's probably lying to make me feel better. MK was uncomfortable. He probably thinks I'm gross or something. Sure, he's bi but that certainly doesn't mean that he likes me the way I like him, which he very, very likely doesn't. After a stunt like that, I should probably just give up on him. It's only going to hurt more if I don't. Way to go, Red Son! You've fucked up again, and pretty soon MK won't want anything to do with you, just like my parents didn't. I screw up, I get left behind or kicked out or both. I'll end up all alone. Without a job. Without a home. Without food or water.

Without MK.

Before Red Son could do anything about it, tears started brimming in his eyes and soon rolling down his face. He made a hiccuping noise as he tried to inhale and wiped his nose an eyes, but the tears kept coming. Stop. He told himself. Don't break down in front of MK. He might think you're weak. However, those thoughts were interrupted by a sudden warmth spreading through his body, inside and out.

Red turned his head to see MK hugging him tightly in an attempt to comfort the crying demon. Red Son wiped his tears again, which had slowed down after he felt the warmth of the embrace. He didn't really know what to do. He'd rarely ever been hugged before. after a few seconds, he reluctantly wrapped his own arms around MK, hugging him back. They sat like that for a good three minutes until Red Son finally and fully calmed down.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm not sure what came over me," said Red Son as the two of them let go of each other. When he looked down at MK, he could see a hint of a stern look on the young man's face.

"Red Son, don't apologize. Don't ever apologize for your feelings, ok? You can always come to me if you ever need to talk to someone. I'm here for you. I always will be." MK's words surprised Red.

"..... Thank you. I really do appreciate it. I'm... I'm going to go play a song on your guitar to help ease my mind," Red Son said, leaving the room and entering his own. He made sure that the door was shut tightly before grabbing the guitar and sitting cross legged on his bed.

He played "He", the male cover by Jasper Isaac for the song " She" by Dodie. He played each note flawlessly and sang on key.

"And I'll be okay admiring from afar,
Because even when he's next to me
We could not be more far apart.

And he tastes like birthday cake
And story time and fall.
But to him,
I taste of nothing at all."

He sang the whole song with MK in mind. Every single lyric matched up perfectly with how Red felt about him. Red Son couldn't tell if he felt better or worse than when he started playing. Luckily for him, MK couldn't hear him playing from in his room, since it was a relatively quiet song. Red felt utterly exhausted. He decided that there was not much use in moping around in his room all day, no matter how much he wanted to. Red Son forced himself to get off his bed and to leave his room. One of these days, I might end up needing to tell him how I feel, but I intend of putting that off for as long as possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N): Hey... It's been a while haha... oops. I haven't had much motivation to write a whole lot and I'm trying to find the best way to wrap up the story and I have no clue how long that will take so buckle up I guess. I also haven't written much because I had standardized testing this week and I was also busy doing... other stuff (I was watching Hunter x Hunter. It's so good you guys). I'll tryyyy to write a little bit more but I can only do so much without a lot of motivation but I promise that I will finish this story no matter what.
Have a great day/ night!

1284 Words