Chapter 14

Red Son and MK stepped through the door of the human's apartment. MK went to sit on the couch and Red leaned against the door, crossed his arms, and sighed.

"That was exhausting." Red Son said as he closed his eyes.

He heard strange muffled noises coming from the living area. He looked over at the couch to see MK with a hand over his mouth, clutching his side, and shaking. I-Is he... Laughing? Red thought.

"What?" The demon asked, getting defensive.

MK looked back at Red and that did the trick. The boy burst out into a wild fit of laughter.

"AHAHA I-I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY! YOU JUST... HAHAHAHAHAHA!" MK howled in laughter. Red Son just stared at MK, completely confused. He looks adorable when he's laughing like that... AH NO! NO THINKING LIKE THAT RIGHT NOW! He's laughing at you, Red Son! Pull yourself together!

"What's so damn hilarious? Care to elaborate? I seem to have missed the joke." He was getting more and more pissed as MK's cackling continued. However, even though Red was angry, he certainly wouldn't mind seeing MK laugh like that around him more often. To be that happy and comfortable in Red Son's presence. MK opened his eyes (that had been tightly shut due to his little fit of giggles) and caught a glimpse of the fire prince's fuming face, causing him to stop literally dying of laughter almost immediately, but he clearly still had some laughs in him.

"Haha, sorry. I was just realising how 'out of your element' you looked down there. Sorry for laughing, I just couldn't help it! I also wanted to apologize for putting you in that situation, since you were clearly uncomfortable." MK said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Well... I've never been good with people!" Red yelled, his cheeks turning a bit pink out of embarrassment. "It's not like I got exposed to a bunch of different beings in my lifetime! My family didn't really trust anyone who wasn't of royal blood."

"Really? You've never had any friends?"

"Not really. I just spent time with whoever my parents told me to hang out with. Basically my entire life was controlled by them."

"Aw, that's so sad, Red. I'm sorry that that's how it was for you... But hey! Now you've got me! W... We are friends, right?" MK said, uncertainty suddenly filling his facial features.

Red blushed a little bit more. "Ah... Well, sure. I would say so. I mean, we are kind of living together."

"Oh good! I got worried there for a second." Said MK as he released a long breath of relief. He then yawned deeply and rubbed his eyes. "Well, I should probably turn in for the night. I still have work tomorrow morning. Good night, Red!" MK hollered as he walked into his bedroom and shut the door.

Red decided to head to bed too. He was still mentally and somewhat physically exhausted from talking with MK's friends. After he went into his own room and shut the door, he plopped onto his bed and fell asleep immediately.

~~~~~~~~~ Time Skip ~~~~~~~~~~

Red Son woke up the next morning and the first thing he realised was how absolutely starving he was. At one point, his stomach was in so much pain that he couldn't take it anymore and went into the kitchen to find something to fill it. He saw MK sitting at the table eating cereal, scrolling through his phone. When the Monkie Kid heard Red enter the kitchen, he looked up and greeted the fire demon with a smile and a "good morning!" to which he only got an "eh." in response from Red Son as he went to brew his daily dose of coffee.

He took a long sip of the piping hot, black liquid once it finally finished filling the coffee mug. Red turned back to MK.

"What time do you leave for work each morning?" Red Son asked the young man.

"Around 9:00am every weekday." MK replied. Red nodded in response.

Silence.

Suddenly, a lightbulb seemed to have gone off in the human's brain. "OH! I just got an idea!" He said, excitedly.

"Uh oh. That's always dangerous." Red teased him.

"Oh shut it. What if I talked to Pigsy about getting you a job down at the noodle shop! We could definitely use more workers and it'd give you a chance to make some money! Plus you wouldn't be cramped up in this tiny apartment by yourself all day long."

Red considered the offer. It did seem like a good idea. Even though he hates unfamiliar people (so working somewhere where you are forced to talk to strangers seems odd and slightly intimidating), he does need the money and something to do during the day. But there's no way Pigsy would ever let him work in his restaurant. Is there?

"Okay. I'm in, but good luck convincing Pigsy. You're gonna need it. Also, you're late for work. Again." Red Son said with an eye roll.

MK yelped a bit in surprise, cleaned up his breakfast, and ran out the door yelling a goodbye back that the demon as he left.

Yup. There's no way Pigsy's gonna say yes. Red Son thought as he watched the boy leave.

~~~~~ Another Time Skip To When MK Gets Home From Work  ~~~~~

Red was just laying on the couch, staring up at the ceiling. The apartment around him nice and quiet. However, his peace was soon interrupted by a certain Noodle Boy bursting into the loft, causing Red Son to fall off the couch in surprise.

"PIGSY SAID HE'LL GIVE YOU A JOB AT HIS SHOP!!" MK shouted in triumph at his success in convincing his boss.

Red Son couldn't believe his ears. "Seriously? Cool. When do I start?"

"Tomorrow. If that's okay with you, that is." MK answered.

"I don't care when I start, I just want to start. Sorry, Noodle Boy, but there's only so long that your apartment can keep someone entertained. Do you know why he agreed to giving me a job?"

"Well, he said something about being able to keep an eye on you." MK replied. Red Son sighed. Of course.

"Alright. So I'll arrive at Pigsy's at the same time as you, right?"

"Yup! Isn't this going to be so much fun? You and I, side by side, serving the longest noodles in China!" MK said enthusiastically.

"Are you even going to be in the shop? Aren't you a delivery boy? Isn't your whole job to not be at Pigsy's?" Red questioned as his cheeks flushed at the thought of spending all day with MK.

"No. Sometimes we have days where there are barely any deliveries. Y'know, like days where the weather is great so more people want to pick up their noodles themselves as a way to be outside. On those days, I just help out around the restaurant." MK responded. Red Son nodded.

"Anyways. I was just about to play Monkey Mech before you barged in and interrupted the peace an quiet. Wanna join me? I bet you can't beat me in PvP!" The demon said with a cocky grin.

"Ohoho you are so on!" MK accepted the challenge.

They played for hours before they both went to bed. Red always strangely cherished nights like these. Nights where the two of them would stay up late battling against each other in video games, because they were both too stubborn to accept defeat. Red loved the way MK would get so worked up after losing to him. He always pouted in this strangely cute way before challenging Red Son to a rematch. Rinse and repeat for three hours and you have how that night just went. He genuinely enjoyed MK's company, but he would never admit it to anybody. He totally liked MK, no matter how much he denied it.

For what seemed like the fifth night in a row, Red Son was so tired that he fell asleep seconds after his head hit the pillow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N): Hi I'm tired and I probably shouldn't be up right now but here we are. Writing about to legos. At 1:00am. This is my life now lol.
Have a great day/night!

1383 Words