Chapter 15 (Full Chapter)

(A/N): Hey, so ummmm... funny story... I kinda sorta accidentally published this chapter before it was done, so if you were wondering why it ended so abruptly and why it was so short and why it had no author note at the end, that's why lol. Oops. This is the final version of it. The completed chapter. Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MK was already awake when Red Son dragged himself out of his room in his regular outfit. Red looked around the kitchen and saw that there was already a cup of coffee waiting for him on the table. He looked back at MK with eyes that asked "is this for me?". MK nodded, causing Red to nod as a thank you.

Oh my God he's so pretty, MK thought to himself as he looked away, blushing. "*Ahem*, we should probably leave soon. We don't want you to be late on your first day." MK said, earning a thumbs up from Red Son in response as he chugged his coffee.

It was gone in seconds. MK couldn't understand how he could possible like drinking that nasty stuff. "How do you drink coffee like it's soda?" He asked as he shuddered at the thought of the bitter black beverage.

"What's.... Soda?" Red Son asked in confusion.

MK froze. What's soda? WHAT'S SODA?! That's like saying "what's oxygen"! "You've never had soda before?" He questioned in disbelief.

Red shook his head. "Can't say I have." He put the empty coffee mug in the sink and started walking out the door.

"Wait, where are you going already?" MK called after him.

"I'm going to work, so that I'm not late. You should probably check the time more often." Red Son points at the clock that read 8:55am.

MK sighed and went after the demon to head down to Pigsy's Noodles, locking the door behind him. The two of them walked down the stairs to the shop. When they got there, Pigsy was already wiping the counters with a old, beat up rag. "Ah, you two made it on time! Great." The pig demon said when he saw them.

"We would've been late if Red wasn't paying attention to the clock. I swear, you're always looking at the clock for some reason." MK said.

"It's called being responsible. You're getting paid for your services, the least you could do is show up on time," Red said.

Pigsy chuckled. "Y'know, maybe you're not so bad, kid. Glad to know that I have a responsible employee now."

"Ouch," MK said with an overdramatic gasp. Red Son rolled his eyes at the human.

"Pigsy, what would you like me to do?" He asked.

"Well, you can start by finishing cleaning these counters for me. After that, you'll be manning the checkout and taking orders for the day. MK, since there aren't many orders at the beginning of the day, you'll have to train him, but you'll have to hurry because you know how fast those deliveries pile up," Pigsy instructed.

MK and Red Son nodded. Red took the rag from the pig man, wrinkling his nose in disgust at it, and starting to scrub the countertop.

MK sat at the bar on a stool directly in front of Red, waiting for him to finish his task. MK took out his phone and started looking through his camera roll for literally no reason. It was more of a brainless scanning of the app, because his brain was... preoccupied.

I wonder if I'll ever see Red Son genuinely smile. Like, Seriously. Does he ever not scowl? MK thought as he looked up from his phone and stared at the fire demon in front of him. MK looked into his fiery, amber eyes. He couldn't help but be mesmerized by Red Son. His hair, his clothes, his eyes, his face, it was all perfect to MK. He even loved his personality, no matter how stuck up and arrogant the demon could be at times.

Red Son had a feeling that he was being stared at and he looked up from the counter at MK. Red stood up straight and crossed his arms, his suspicion confirmed.

"Can I help you, Noodle Boy?" He said with a smug little smirk. This immediately snapped MK out of his trance.

"Huh? What? O-Oh... I, uh... Are you done cleaning the counters?" MK said, his face turning red. He looked away and started absent mindedly fidgeting with the zipper on his jacket.

"Almost. Let me just get this last spot over here..." Red said, shifting his attention back to his task and scrubbing a small area of the countertop. Meanwhile, MK was freaking out over what just happened.

Oh my God oh my God oh my God oh my God. Is it possible to die of embarrassment? Because I'm pretty sure that's what's happening to me right now. Goodbye world, I've had a good run. UUUUUUGH JUST BURY ME ALREADY!! MK was once again brought out of his thoughts by Red Son.

"There. Now I'm done. Now, come teach me how to use this hunk of junk." He said.

"You mean the cash register?"

"Yeah, sure. Whatever it's called."

"Okaaay... So to put money in it, you have to press this button, and to print a receipt, you have to press this button. Also, in order to..." MK explained everything about how to use the cash register. Once he finished, he walked over to the side of the counter that already had bags of noodles piling up that needed to be delivered. However, before he could make it to the mountain of deliveries, he paused mid step as a revolutionary truth occurred to him.

"Hey Red... If you work at the same noodle shop as me now.... *GASP* THAT MAKES YOU A NOODLE BOY NOW TOO!!" MK yelled, pointing a finger at Red Son, who had froze when he heard what MK had said. Then, the fire prince sighed, smacked his forehead, slid his hand down his face, and laughed.

"I suppose that is what that means, isn't it?" Red said with a smile. There it is. That genuine smile that MK was looking for. It seemed to light up the whole room. MK returned the smiled, lowered his hand back down to his side, and nodded once, feeling triumphant and victorious. He then grabbed as many bags of noodles he could carry and walked out the door to his tuktuk to get started on his deliveries for that day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N): Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry about the whole thing with accidentally publishing this chapter before it was ready. I honestly don't know what happened.
Have a great day/night!

1122 Words