Chapter 9

(A/N): I've noticed that Red Son has been pretty OOC like this whole story, so I'm gonna try and fix that now. Also, because of this change, he will be doing a bit of cussing from now on because it just feels like he would have a sailor mouth. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Red didn't get much sleep that night. He was tossing and turning, and whenever he did manage to get bits of sleep, he dreamed he was back at his old home. However, after a few hours of this continuous cycle, he finally managed to drift into a deeper sleep. He dreamt again that he was back at his parents' house. But this time felt... Different somehow.

He looked around his old room trying to get a clue as to why it felt different from the last five times he dreamt of this scenario.

"Hey."

Red Son jumped like two feet in the air, then whipped around to glare at the owner of the voice that had scared him so bad. His face melted from anger to confusion mixed with slight relief when he saw the one and only Monkie Kid, casually crouched in the frame of his open bedroom window.

"Wha- Noodle Boy?! What are you doing here?" Red questioned him.

MK hopped down from the window and into the fire demon's room. He ignored the question. "Nice place," he said instead, then looked out the window at the dreary, fiery view. "... Uh, for the most part."

"Um... Thank you? I think?"

MK then proceeded to look around Red's room. He spotted a poster on the wall and had to cover his mouth with his hands to try and prevent himself from bursting out in laughter. Red Son was even more confused now until he looked at what the Noodle Boy was looking at.

"Pfffft- a kitten poster?? I had no idea you liked cats so much. If I had known before, I would've told Sandy to bring some of his therapy cats over."

"Oh my god SHUT UP! So what if I like cats? I think they're funny and cute." Red said, turning his head to the side to hide his embarrassment.

"Hm... So like you?" MK replied with a smirk and crossing his arms. Red Son's eyes widened.

"P-Pardon?" He said, looking back at MK.

The Monkie Kid lost all composer he might have had before and burst out into a wild fit of laughter. When he finally gained his breath back (after like three minutes), he said "Oooh my god you're reaction is adorable hahahahaha!"

Red Son was caught completely off guard by both his comments and by the light tint of pink he could feel creeping onto his cheeks. Since when is that idiot so confident and blunt? He's being so annoying...

"I swear I'm gonna burn you..." Red threatened, lighting his fist slightly aflame.

MK stopped laughing. "Alright alright. Calm down, Hot Stuff. I'm only joking."

Wha- Hot Stuff?? What the hell has gotten into him?! Red Son thought as the pink on his cheeks deepened into a darker shade of red, and it started to spread to other parts of his face.

"Did you hit your head or something? You're acting very strange..." He said, letting the fire in his hand go out.

"Aw, are you worried about me?" The idiot said, taking a step closer to Red Son, causing him to take a few steps back. Red soon felt his back hit the wall.

"D-Do you even hear yourself? You're saying nonsense!" Red Son stammered, getting more and more flustered by each flirtatious comment MK made.

"Hey Red Son?" MK said, so close to Red to the point where he practically had him pinned to the wall.

"Y-Yeah?" The demon responded.

"Your face is really red right now." The Noodle Boy snickered.

"E-Eah- wh- I... y-you-..." Red Son tried to reply but failed miserably. After a while of stuttering and making an absolute fool out of himself, he just gave up trying. He sighed in defeat as MK smirked again at the effect he was having on Red, who was paralyzed in place.

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

Red Son woke up very suddenly, gasping for air. He turned off his alarm he had set the night before and just kind of sat there for a few minutes, recalling everything that had happened in his his head as he slept. The same shade of red he wore in his dream reappeared on his face again.

...... What the fuck just happened? How and why did my brain dream that up in the first place??! Oh my god what the actual hell... What does this say about me? More importantly, what does this say about the way I view Noodle Boy?! Red's thoughts were scattered all over his brain. Frantically trying to collect them, he was rudely interrupted by a loud bang.

"RED!! It's time to wake up so we can beat the morning traffic!" MK said as he burst into Red Son's dark bedroom room. "Oh... Hehe, sorry." He said as he saw that he scared Red so bad that he actually fell off his bed and onto the floor. He walked over to offer his hand to the demon bull prince in order to help him back up as an apology.

Red looked at MK's hand for a second, reluctantly took it, getting up and dusting himself off with his other hand. Both MK and Red Son's faces turned slightly red when they realised they were still holding hands, which led to them immediately taking their hands back.

"Uuuuhm... So I'll let you get ready now. There's waffles in the toaster for you once you're ready to eat." Noodle Boy said, being painfully awkward as he left the room and closed the door. Red watched as he left. Ah jeez. This is gonna be a crazy day. He thought. He got dressed in his usual purple pants, black tank top, and red jacket. He decided to put his hair up today and to wear some nice black fingerless gloves to compliment his outfit.

He stepped out of his room and walked into the kitchen to grab his waffles. MK was wearing his usual bandana, orange monkey jacket, white bullseye shirt, and red pants. After he finished his breakfast, the pair headed out the door, down the stairs, through the little noodle shop, and onto the sidewalk outside to start their day of running errands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N): Heyyy I wish I could write more during the day but since I have school, my only chance to write is during the night so I apologize if I ever get slow on updating. It's just cause of school work and the need to sleep (which I barely do anyways).
Have a great day/night!

1145 Words