Chapter 11

When MK's alarm woke him up the next morning, he was in his bed. He was in his bed. How was he in his bed? He clearly remembered falling asleep on the couch!

....

....

....

OH MY GOD DID RED SON CARRY ME TO MY BED LAST NIGHT?! No no think rationally, MK. Is there any other way that you might wake up in your bed after falling asleep on the couch? I could've sleep walked or just woken up and moved and not remembered it, but I don't sleep walk and I think I would remember if I moved to my room. Maybe Red Son actually did carry me to my bed. Which, if he did, I don't know how to feel about that. It makes me feel confused and happy at the same time. MK's head was racing for like the fourth time that week.

He crawled out of bed, got ready for work, and then left his room to go eat breakfast. He actually wasn't running late this morning for once.

He he microwaved some leftover pancakes and sat down at the table to eat them. Just then, Red Son walked out of his room and into the tiny kitchen.

"Mornin', Red."

"Good morning." He said with his morning scowl as he brewed a cup of warm coffee. "I see you're not late for work today, for a change. Also, you really shouldn't sleep on the couch. It's bad for you back and neck."

MK's face flushed a tiny bit, realising that meant that Red, in fact, had carried him to his bed the night before. "I'll keep that in mind. Oh, and by the way, I noticed how calm and content you looked when you played my guitar on Saturday, so please feel free to use it whenever you want."

"Oh... Uh, thank you." Red Son said.

MK headed out the door and down to the little noodle shop.

The store hadn't opened yet, so no one was here besides him and Pigsy. Not even Tang. Pigsy looked up from the counter he was cleaning in surprise.

"Wow, MK! You're not late today! Good job, kiddo!"

"Yeah haha, thanks. What do you want me to do to help get the shop ready?"

"Hmmm... Well, I suppose you could go and clean the stove back in the kitchen."

"On it!" MK rushed into the kitchen and started scrubbing furiously. Jeez, when was the last time he cleaned this thing? He thought while he scrunched up his nose in disgust at a wad of crust and grime.

After he finished, he wiped the sweat from his brow and checked the clock on the kitchen wall. 9:05 am. Good, that meant they were open, and that meant that he needed to get to his deliveries.

He left the sparkling stove and stepped into the main sitting area to see Mr. Tang already sitting there, talking to Pigsy.

"Oh, hello MK. How are you?" Tang asked.

"I'm doing great! You?" MK answered.

"I am fine. Just waiting on my noodles." The scholar shot an impatient look at the pig demon behind the counter. (I love Tang so much you guys)

"Alright alright! I was just waiting on the kid to finish cleaning the stove since he wasn't late today." Pigsy said.

Tang's face shifted from impatience to shock. "You weren't late today??"

"Oh come on! Why is everyone so surprised by that? I'm not late everyday!"

Both Pigsy and Tang shot MK a 'Yeah. Yeah you are' look, and MK groaned in response. Pigsy left them to go get cooking before the orders started to pile up, which they soon did, leaving MK with an ever-growing mountain of noodles that needed to get delivered.