Chapter Five: Have Fun. Don't die.

Two hours later, the guys were long gone and I was cleaning up the clothes that they had worn today, and getting stuff ready to go to the dry cleaners. My phone has been going off every few minutes. I knew who it was. I knew that it was the soulmate app, and he wanted to know why I hadn't texted him. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do. Do I tell him that it's me? Surely he is going to be as confused by it as I am. There was just no way in hell that we could be soulmates. How had the universe so royally screwed this up? Or the soulmate app. I wasn't sure which one at the moment. Maybe I should e-mail the app and ask if the markings were ever wrong. I really had no idea how this worked. 

And yet...suddenly, everything made sense at the same time. He said he was overseas for work. Well, of course he was. Because I was, too, and we were in the same place. He said that he was having trouble with somebody at work. It was obviously me. Actually, it all seemed pretty obvious, now.

But did he really have the marking that matched mine? I had never seen it, and I had seen most of him. Granted, now that I thought about it, I had never really had any reason to see his hips without clothes on before. I wonder if there is a way that I could get a look...without seeming weird?

I might have to work on that one. Because I just have to know the truth. I have to know if Min Yoongi is really my soulmate.

My phone rang and I pulled it out to answer it. It was Hobi.

"Hello?"

"Cass? Hey. It's Hobi."

"Hey, Hobi," I say into the phone. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to give you fair warning," he says. "Yoongi is on his way back. He forgot his lyric notebook. I didn't know if maybe you wanted to hide or something."

"Thanks, Hobi," I say, sitting down in the makeup chair again. "I appreciate the warning. But I refuse to hide from him."

"Are you sure?" He asks me. "He can be pretty scary."

"I'm not afraid of him, Hobi," I tell him. "Though I may end up getting fired for punching him in the throat."

"If you're going to do that, can you please make sure that I'm there to witness it?" He asks me with a laugh.

"I'll try," I say with a laugh back at him. I kind of adore Jung Hoseok. He's a great guy to have as a friend. 

Just then, the door opens and Yoongi stomps into the room.

"I gotta go, Hobi," I say into my phone. "Thanks for the warning."

I hang up and watch Yoongi in the mirror. He's just standing there. Not doing or saying anything. Finally, he walks over to where his stuff was earlier and starts looking for his notebook.

"Please tell me that you were not just being warned that I was coming?" He asks me as he looks at me in annoyance.

"Hobi thought that I might want to hide."

"From me?" He asks, and I nod. "Why?"

"Don't play dumb, Mr. Min," I tell him. "You know why."

"Oh come on, Cassi," he says to me. "I was mad. You know that I don't expect you to call me that all the time. Or...at all."

"No, Mr. Min," I tell him. "It's fine. I have no problem with being nothing but professional with you."

"Cassi..."

I spun around to face him. I didn't know what made me angrier. The way he treated me earlier, the way that he always treats me, and then tries to pretend like nothing happened, or the fact that he's possibly my soulmate.