Chapter Eight: Ice Cubes and Honorifics

"Oh my God!" a voice says from behind Yoongi. "Did you finally tell him?!"

Yoongi turns without letting go of me, making me turn with him. "You knew? Gee. Some best friend you are."

"Hey, now," Hobi says, pointing a finger at me. "She's my friend, too. I was honor-bound to keep her secret. I just can't believe that she finally told you."

Yoongi looked at me, then rolled his eyes and looked back at Hobi. "She didn't. I figured it out with context clues."

Hobi frowned and looked at me. "Seriously? You didn't tell him?"

"Aren't you supposed to be on stage next?" I asked him.

He turned to look at the TV in the room and saw that JK was just ending his song. "Damnit! This isn't over, Cass!" He yelled at me as he ran out of the room, letting the door close behind him and leaving me and Yoongi alone.

"So..." I said awkwardly. I tried to pull myself away from him, but he wouldn't let me. He tightened his arm around my back. "Yoongi, let me go."

"Not yet," he said softly, his free hand coming up to cup my face.

"JK is going to be back any minute," I tell him.

"Then I should probably make this quick," he says, then he leans in and presses his lips to mine.

It's soft and gentle and not at all what I would expect from Min Yoongi, considering we had spent the better part of two years doing nothing but yelling at each other.

When he pulls back, he's smiling down at me as he brushes his thumb over my bottom lip. "I have to go and get ready for my song, but we'll continue this later, yeah?"

I nod, searching his eyes for any hint that he's about to tell me that he's just messing with me to get back at me or something. But I don't see any of that. I see his eyes crinkle again as he smiles at me. I see a faint blush color his cheeks. I see him take a deep breath, then lean his forehead to mine for a moment.

"I-I don't want to let you go," he whispers to me.

"You have to."

"Why do I have to?" he asks me, still whispering.

"Because I am not going on stage with you," I tell him with a soft giggle.

"You can be my back-up dancer," he tells me.

"You know that I can't dance, dude," I say. "Plus, all of your back-up dancers are guys."

"Yeah...I guess that might look suspicious," He says with a chuckle. "Can I take you to dinner tonight?"

"No."

He pulls back and frowns at me. "Why the hell not?"

"Because you and the guys always go out to dinner after a show," I tell him. "I'm not getting in the way of that."

"They'd understand," he insists. "If I tell them that I found my soulmate."

"Are you really ready to tell all of them that, Yoongi?" I ask him.

"Whether I am or not, they'll find out," he says, reaching up to touch my cheek. "You know that Hoba has a big mouth. He can't keep a secret to save his life."

"He kept my secret," I point out.

"Maybe I'll talk to him about staying quiet, then tell the guys that I'm tired and just want to sleep," he says. "And we can order room service?"

"And what if someone sees me going into your room?" I ask.

"Then I'll come to yours."

"And what if someone sees you going into my room?" I ask, trying to get my point across. "Plus, I have a roommate when we're on tour."