08

Evangeline

      I spent the whole night tossing and turning after my little episode during yesterday's picnic. As if my schedule wasn't already throwing me off, I had to go and snap at my friends for just being concerned for my well being.

God, everything's just been off balance ever since that damn party.

"Vangie?" Liv snapped me from my thoughts and I looked over at her.

"Sorry, what?" I smiled, mentally scolding myself.

"You okay? You've been out of it lately" she smiled back, only hers looked sympathetic.

I've been getting that look a lot...

"Yeah...yes, I'm sorry, a lot going on up here" I chuckled, pointing a finger to my head.

"Yes...that's not concerning at all" she rolled her eyes and headed towards the back, probably to see if we needed to order any supplies for the week.

I spotted Tristan outside, on his way in and had to mentally prepare for what was about to happen.

I couldn't even be surprised because his pop ups are continuing to be expected and frequent.

"Crazy drink lady!" He cheered the second he waltzed through the door and I just glared.

"And what was the reason for learning my name?" I asked, leaning against the counter.

"To be fair, you've referred to me as every insult known to man before I figured you knew my name, give me just this one" he grinned.

I stared at him and despite my low tolerance for the man, his charm got to me and I found myself hiding a smile.

I had to admit to myself and myself only that my interest in him was just as overwhelming as his weird fascination with me. I couldn't quite figure out if he was trying to be funny or took me for one of those girls I've seen him with, but I intended to end this or find out what it was he was plotting.

"I'm curious" I blurted, voicing my own thoughts.

"No insult? No anger or glaring eyes? This one's serious ladies and gentlemen" he joked.

I rolled my eyes, fighting the urge to let another smile out.

"What exactly...is this? What's your plan?" I shrugged, gesturing between the two of us. I refuse to believe fascination in a couple of coincidences is his main reason for being this annoying.

It's enough reason for you...

I scolded the voice in my head before Tristan let out a laugh "plan?" He asked, the grin never leaving his face.

Damn that dimple...

"Yes, is there a reason you bother me? Do you really want to talk to Maya? Because I'm very aware that you are more than capable of doing that on your own" I asked, trying to scratch the surface of something, but his face was giving me nothing.

Not a damn thing...how's he so good at that?

"What if I genuinely want to be your friend?" He challenged, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Bullshit" I shook my head.

"Come on Evangeline..." he sighed, leaning down so that we were almost at eye level with one another.

His eyes pierced into my soul and my name rolled off of his tongue like it was natural to him, like he'd known it forever.

"You can't honestly say you aren't the least bit curious in our frequent coincidental run ins" he smirked, his voice dropping an octave lower, just as it did yesterday. My cheeks grew hot and I had to look around to avoid him noticing.