31

Evangeline

"Thank you" I smiled up at Tristan who grabbed my empty plate, stacking it upon his while Nate did the same with his and Henry's. The two took the plates to the kitchen, leaving Henry to stare at me with pure curiosity.

It was uncanny, the resemblance. That Fuller gene must be outrageously strong. Henry's hair was longer, long enough to throw into the messy bun he had it in now, but still...he was just an older Tristan.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked and for the first time today, he wasn't kidding around or trying to be charming.

"This sounds serious and I'm most definitely afraid" I told him earning a deep chuckle while he looked down into his lap.

"But sure, tell me" I smiled, his eyes meeting mine again, glancing behind me to the pair in the kitchen and then meeting my gaze again.

"For as long as my brother has lived in this city on his own, he has never brought a woman here, to his apartment" he said, a gleam in his eye that I couldn't quite read.

"That- I mean...why are you..." I couldn't even finish the question as the realization hit me. I was the first and only woman who has been here, in his home, his bedroom.

"Do with that information what you will, Vangie" was all Henry said before Tristan and Nate returned.

"So, what movie are we watching?" Nate beamed and while I brushed away Henry's words, trying to focus on  what was happening now, I looked at the trio with raised eyebrows.

"What about snacks?" I asked and they all widened their eyes in my direction.

"S-snacks?" Tristan stammered.

"We just ate...excellent meal by the way" Henry said, complimenting his brother before his attention was back on me.

"You don't eat snacks when watching movies?" I asked, my eyes just as wide, shocked at the idea.

"Not unless we're at the theater" Nate shrugged and I let out a light gasp.

"You poor, deprived, souls, do you understand the importance and change in taste when eating snacks in the comfort of your own home while watching a movie? Not to mention the excessive amount that must be had" I rambled, their shock melting into amusement.

"Please, teach us your ways" Nate playfully begged making me laugh.

I pulled my phone out, immediately opening the DoorDash app to add as many snacks into my cart as possible. When I placed the order, I looked up at the three who were watching me, that gleam still shining in their eyes.

"Now, for the movie of choice, any genre preferences?" I asked, the three of them exchanging glances and shrugging their shoulders.

"I thought it was going to be a simple movie kind of day..." Henry chuckled.

"Unprepared, truly, this is the worst case I've seen in a long time" I huffed making them all laugh.

"You take movies quite seriously, don't you?" Nate beamed, unable to hide his childish grin.

"Movies are essential to the human race, other than books, what more could you ask for?" I asked.

"Lame" Tristan smirked making me glare and flip him off.

"Now, we'll need blankets, take your shoes off and every pillow within this vicinity" I shrugged earning another laugh.

"I'm currently injured so the task is up to you three" I smirked, Henry and Nate shooting to their feet with a playful salute.