12

Evangeline

      "We all know what happened the last time I went to one of those parties so, no, I'm staying home and enjoying my Marvel marathon with Hayden" I shrugged, plopping on the couch.

It was the night of that party Tristan mentioned and the group was trying to convince me to join them. Maya called out of work for the both of us, using some lame excuse about an emergency to convince Benny who, one hundred percent bought it.

That or he was being too lenient again, either way, he was surely convinced both of us weren't going to make it in tonight.

"This time we'll be more aware V, we didn't think the number one douchebag would find his way to you" Thomas rolled his eyes.

"I don't feel like going, you all go and call me when you need to be picked up" I chuckled and watched them slide their coats on.

"Boo" they all groaned, giving me a childish thumbs down.

"Next time, don't call out of work when I didn't agree to something" I shrugged, kicking my feet up and turning the tv on.

I waved goodbye to them while they walked out and Hayden joined me in the living room shortly after.

"Uncle Jeremy and I finished Winter Soldier" Hayden told me and I playfully gasped.

"My favorite Captain America movie? Hayden Carter, you know we have to rewatch it now, right?" I shook my head.

"Fine, but that means we have to rewatch The Avengers because it's my favorite" my little brother shrugged.

"Deal, I'll make popcorn" I grinned and tossed him the remote so he could start the movie while I hopped up to skip to the kitchen.

"Uncle J! We're watching a movie!" Hayden yelled and within seconds Jeremy stumbled out of his bedroom in his robe.

"Yeah sure...I wasn't slumbering or anything" Jeremy shrugged, rubbing his eyes as he trudged over to the couch.

"Oh, a movie we just watched too? My favorite" he continued, the sarcasm oozing from his mouth.

"I'm making popcorn" I cooed and that immediately caught his attention.

"Ooh! I hid M&M's in the plate cabinet!" He cheered like a child making me laugh.

About halfway through Hayden's movie, both he and Jeremy had passed out. I shut the tv off and lifted Hayden in my arms. His arms wrapped around my neck when I hoisted him up and I walked him to the bedroom he shared with Lucas.

Carefully laying him down and tucking him in, I kissed his forehead and returned to the living room to wake the other big, man-child. Then, Jeremy groggily trudged to his bedroom and I jumped at the opportunity to clean up.

My phone started going off and Coopers name flashed the screen.

"1am is quite early for the four of you, drunk already?" I laughed as soon as I answered.

"Evangeline?" A voice that wasn't Coopers filled my ear and my entire body tensed up.

I gulped and couldn't find any words while he probably waited for a response on the other end.

"H-hello?" He tried again.

"Tristan?" I managed to get out.

"I almost thought you couldn't work a modern day phone Evangeline, I know you're practically a middle aged woman but you can answer the phone, right?" He joked and I just rolled my eyes, letting out a breathy laugh.

"I'm starting to think you have these coincidences planned" I scoffed.

"Funny, I was going to say the same to you" he replied and I could hear the smirk in his voice.