49

Evangeline

You know when you take a nap and wake up forgetting where you are and what day it was? That's exactly what happened.

Don't get me wrong, it was a phenomenal nap and I find myself enjoying sleeping more and more lately.

I thank Tristan for that.

Waking up to find your boyfriend cooking dinner for your whole family with your grandpa is enough to put a little bit of pep in your step. Especially when said boyfriend is being a cheeky little shit.

When I emerge from the bathroom again, eager to get back to the chaos in the kitchen, Grandpa and Tristan are laughing at god knows what and then those baby blues find me.

They always find me, in the darkest of days, he finds me and I love him a little more every time.

"You didn't have to make dinner" I mumble, approaching him and mentally scrapbooking the sight of him cooking dinner so that it's forever engraved in my head.

He looks so good.

"I didn't have to, but I want to, I'm the best boyfriend you've ever had, blah blah blah" he playfully shrugs and before I can let out a scoff, he leans down to kiss me.

God, you'd think I'd be tired of it but I couldn't find myself to be. I could kiss him forever.

We part with dumb smiles on our faces and he returns to the task of placing the delicious food on the table. I head towards Grandpa, shooting a glare at Tristan because he sneaks a smack to my ass as I walk past him.

Tristan only smirks, avoiding my eyes like he's all innocent and I just laugh and greet Grandpa with a hug.

"I really like him" he mumbled, kissing the top of my head.

"Me too" I beam.

"I hope so because I really like him" Grandpa emphasizes making me laugh.

"He's doing pretty good with you all" I tell him, squeezing him a bit tighter just because I needed it.

"How you feeling, Bub?" He asks, rubbing my back.

"Bad" I answer honestly because I'm getting a bit better at expressing what I'm feeling and I do feel bad.

For Cooper. For Tristan. For everyone that has to deal with my shit because I'm feeling bad.

"Cooper will understand and you will be just fine" he sighs.

"He's my best friend, Grandpa"

"And he was well aware of that when he took the risk of loving you. Love does that"

"Love sucks" it's bullshit, I know it is because Grandpa laughs and my eyes immediately flicker over to Tristan who's now helping Hayden with his homework and making my heart burst.

"Does it?"

"No" I pout.

"It won't be the same as before, but you two will figure it out. You and that little group of yours always do" Grandpa says and places another kiss to my head.