Miles fucking dies

Miles is involved in some sort of accident. Phoenix finds out and rushes to the scene, calling Miles frantically. Miles doesn’t pickup, so Phoenix leaves Miles a series of voicemails as they race to the scene of Miles’s accident.

"Breaking news tonight, we have gotten word that near the Police Station a red sports car was hit in the side by a gray pickup during a police chase, the sports car was flipped over. Police say that the car that was flipped belonged to Prosecutor Miles Edgew-"

Phoenix turned off the TV as he took a few breaths to get his head to stop spinning, holding onto his desk as he struggled to grab his phone with his shaking hands and dialing Edgeworth's number. Phoenix felt his panic setting in once he was sent to voicemail, after the beep his voice was shaking as he spoke. "Miles, please call me back when you can. I-fuck... I just want to know your okay."

Phoenix hung up and grabbed his jacket as he made his way out of his office after leaving a note for Apollo or Trucy if they woke up and were looking for him. Locking the door, Phoenix called again, still no answer from his partner. "Miles, I know it's stupid to call but I just need something. I'm on my way down to the Police Station now. Please be okay..." The chill rush of autumn air made the tear tracks on his flushed cheeks sting from the icy feeling. He called again.

9:45pm

"I'm close, please be okay. Answer if you can, I haven't gotten anything from the Police. You have to be okay. Please be okay Miles..."

10:05pm

"I need something, even if it's from Gumshoe just... let me know your safe."

10:26pm

"I'm almost there. Please Miles, hold on a little longer. I can't lose you too..."

10:38pm

"Even if you don't answer back, I love you. I need you to know that. I love you so fucking much Miles. Please hold on for me."

It was 10:46pm when Phoenix got to the scene, his face and eyes were red, his hair a mess from him running his hands through it so many times on his way over. His hands had a visible shake as he struggled to walk closer, Gumshoe was talking with paramedics and a few other Police officers when he noticed a distressed Phoenix walking over to him. "Woah pal! Your not looking to great, maybe-" "Where is he?" Gumshoe was a little taken aback by Phoenix's voice, broken and small but still holding that power it had normally in court. "Mr. Edgeworth, he... The paramedics are taking care of him right now," Gumshoe paused, looking at his friend before placing a hand on his shoulder and sighing, "Follow me."

The state Miles was in made Phoenix visibly flinch before he rushed to him, a few of the paramedics about to protest until Gumshoe explained. Phoenix was allowed to ride in the ambulance as the rode over to the hospital, during the trip Phoenix wasn't able to focus on what he was being told just focusing on the engagement ring on Miles finger as he held onto his hand, his thumb brushing over the rose gold band breathing as he found comfort in the feeling of the rubies and diamond as he gently pressed on the ring. Phoenix couldn't look up, he couldn’t stand the sight of Miles cut and bruised, laying motionless as trained professionals did what they could to keep him stable. Keep him alive.

They made it to the hospital at 11:23pm and Miles was immediately rushed off as Phoenix was brought to the waiting room, his head was in his hands once he sat down as he struggled to focus on his breathing and staying as calm as he could. Gumshoe got there a few hours later with Franziska and Maya following close behind, Maya going to make sure Phoenix had some form of support as Franziska talked with doctors and nurses before sitting next to Phoenix. When he looked at her he felt his blood run cold, this was the first time he saw Franziska Von Karma, a Prosecutor that he has only ever saw with a strong demeanor and personality, struggling to quiet sobs with her hands as tears fell. Sitting up Phoenix reached over and hugged her, half expecting to be pushed away and yelled at only to be surprised once more when Franziska hugged him back as she cried. That was the final thing needed for the dam holding Phoenix's fear, anxiety and cries for his fiancé back shattered, a waterfall of tears fell into Franziska's hair as a broken sob racked through him as he held her closer, listening to both their cries fall on deaf ears of doctors and nurses rushing past.

It was 1:15am when a doctor walked up to Phoenix, Franziska was sleeping next to him leaning on Maya as she slept too, Gumshoe had left hours ago to get back to work and check in on Apollo and Trucy just incase, per Phoenix' request. Quietly getting up the doctor brought him further away from the sleeping girls before looking at Phoenix with sad eyes, he could tell it was more disappointment in losing a patient then the pity for the grief she was about give Phoenix. "I'm so sorry Mr. Wright, we did everything we could but Mr. Edgeworth had lost too much blood for us to save him." Phoenix's world went dark as his mind filled with pleas for it to be a bad dream, for it to be one big joke. One big lie that he wasn't currently living.

Phoenix was brought back to reality when he found himself beside of his rival, his partner, his best friend. His lover. He was laying so still, no noise coming from the machines still attached to him the only sound being Phoenix's uneven breathing and soon the loud cries as he held Miles hand. Putting his hand to his tear stained face and putting their heads together like Miles would do in the morning when waking Phoenix as if it would bring him back, nothing happened. After awhile of crying Phoenix sat down as he brought Miles hand to his lips, leaving a soft kiss to his pale knuckles. A nurse came in and asked if Phoenix needed anything, shaking his head he slipped the rose gold band from his partner's hand kissing it once more and leaving one last kiss on his forehead as a few more tears left his eyes. "I love you so much Miles, I'm so sorry." Phoenix leaned back gently placing Miles hand down on the bed and walked to the door, the nurse asked if he was going to say goodbye before they got the body ready for whatever was wanted for the funeral. Phoenix shook his head, he would say goodbye when he buried his friend, for now, Miles was still with him.