You're doing great.

Miles finds Phoenix as a ghost.

Trucy and Apollo are Phoenix's biological children in this, he had them when he was with Daliah. Apollo lives in the dorms at his college and is only mentioned in this one shot. I'm sorry :')

"Trucy? I'm home..." Miles called as he walked in the door, he wasn't surprised when he was met with silence instead setting his briefcase down by the door and hanging up his suit jacket before walking into the kitchen while rolling up his sleeves to prepare dinner for himself and the little girl he was taking care of. Phoenix Wright's daughter, Trucy Wright, was taken in by Miles Edgeworth after the unfortunate death of her father, it hit home for Edgeworth when he heard his court rival and his romantic partner had died after he had found a witness guilty instead of his client. The witness had attacked him and had stolen a bailiff's gun and shot Phoenix in the stomach, Miles had heard about what happened and how Trucy was once again abandoned.

Miles was brought back by the sound of socked feet padding along the wood floor before he saw a disheveled Trucy walk in rubbing her eyes, Miles only offered a smile as she jumped up onto the counter while he went back to preparing the vegetables and chicken for their dinner in silence. It wasn't anything new, it was mostly quiet between the two of them due to the mutual understanding of how much they had cared for Phoenix and the emotional trauma his death had brought them both. "How was work?" Trucy's quite voice broke the silence, Miles placed the lid on the pot of rice and let the chicken and vegetables simmer on a low heat as he turned to face his daughter, "It was okay, it's been really quiet at the office so it's mostly just organizing files for most of the day. How was school?" Trucy flinched at the question and looked away, Miles noticed and moved closer placing a hand on her knee as her breath shook.

"I... I got in a fight. Polly had to come pick me up early." Miles frowned but just hugged Trucy close as her breath quickened as she started to cry, she had gotten in fights too many times to count because of kids making fun of her and the death of her father. "I'm sorry..." Miles kissed her head pulling away from the hug to look at her face better, she had Phoenix's eyes and his face, she looked like a copy of him when she cried. "You're okay Trucy, your dad was the same when he wasn't sick." Miles smiled as Trucy laughed, he wiped her tears before stepping back and grabbing a few plates out and dishing up chicken and rice for both himself and Trucy. "Call me next time okay?"

After dinner, Miles heard the door to Trucy's room click indicating she had gone to bed for the night. Sighing he put his head in his hands as the light of his laptop infront of him lit up the area, he was reading the email from the school about Trucy's behavior and medical bills the other students parents are wanting him to pay. "What am I doing?" Leaning back letting his hands rest in his lap Miles stared at the ceiling, "I'm not cut out for this Wright..." Miles mumbled as he closed his eyes.

"You are though." Miles’s eyes shot open when he heard Phoenix speak, he sat up looking around as he held his breath, nobody. Running a hand through his hair he steadied his breathing before looking back to the open email, closing the laptop, he got up. "I'm too tired to deal with it right now." He reasoned with himself, still shaken up from the sound of Phoenix's voice. Walking to his room he opened the door grabbing a change of clothes before going to take a shower, after he got dressed he sat down on the side of his bed still drying his hair, his mind kept thinking of Phoenix and hearing his voice after so long. "I'm going insane..." he muttered.

"Never thought I'd see the day the cold hearted prosecutor Mr. Miles Edgeworth thought he was going insane." Miles's eyes widened as he looked up to the ghost of his partner standing infront of him. Phoenix looked the exact same, just now his skin held a warm golden glow that let the softest of light illuminate the dark room and his obnoxiously blue suit had been replaced with a white one, "P-Phoenix?" Miles stuttered as he reached for the ghost. "The one and only!" Phoenix smiled brightly as he grabbed the shaking hand of the demon prosecutor, his faded brown eyes softened as he moved, or more of floated, closer to Miles kissing his knuckles. "It's been a while, huh?" Miles teared up as the ghost of Phoenix Wright spoke, he opened his mouth to say something but nothing came to mind, only the small sobs that began to make their presence known.

Phoenix placed a hand on the pale cheek, the warm comfortable glow was nothing compared to the cold feeling that Miles felt when Phoenix held him. He wasn't here, this was just a glimpse of him. He wasn't real. Though it didn't matter, if this was his brains way of making accept the fact Phoenix Wright was dead then so be it. "I miss you Phoenix..." Miles's voice was quiet, as if he were any louder the man standing in front of him would disappear again. "I know, but you're still here. You're still taking care of Truce and yourself even though things are difficult." Phoenix brushed away Miles's tears as he gently kissed his forehead along with leaving a fading feeling of pressure on his hand, he was fading. Miles realized this when he saw the pained smile given to him as Phoenix slowly started to dissappear, the warm light flickering like a candle going out.

"I can't stay any longer but I love you, Truce and Apollo so, so much and I'm so sorry... I'll be waiting for you." Miles opened his mouth to beg for a little more time but the candle burnt out and he was left in the dark with nothing but the lingering chill on his hand and cheek, tears fell and a choked sob was muffled by Miles’s hand. He still hadn't accepted Phoenix's death. A shuddering breath was heard as he flicked on the bed side table light, washing the room in light once again he wiped his eyes as his breath wavered with the threat of more tears. "Papa?" Miles whipped his head up to see Trucy standing in the doorway holding a blanket over her shoulders, her cheeks were wet with tears as well. "Hey... Did you have a nightmare?" A quiet nod. "Do you wanna sleep in here tonight? I could use the company." A beat of silence, then another nod.

Trucy crawled under the duvet and Miles turned off the light before laying down bedside her, he pulled her a bit closer as they cuddled. Trucy put her head in his chest as she relaxed in her dad's arms, Miles rubbed her back while his eyelids grew heavy. "Goodnight papa..." Trucy whispered, Miles kissed the top of her head and closed his eyes. "Goodnight Trucy."