Chapter One: Dragons in Magnolia

"It sure takes you back, doesn't it?" Sting said, sitting on a rock to my right. Sting and I were on a mission, so to speak. The two of us were on a job that had us position on a devastated mountain cliff. There were concrete columns and stones strewn across the lush landscape.

I was facing the opposite direction of Sting staring out over the vast greenery below the cliff. Sting's head was down making his blond hair fall into his face, while he was sitting on the rock. His shoulders were rigid and hunched, which is a contrast to his jovial personality. I suppose something important was on his mind today.

"Before all that trouble with the dragons and grand magic games, right?" He said still not changing his position. He was right. It felt like centuries ago, but it was only about six months ago. I chose to usually omit that period because of my destined future. It was unnerving to know that this would be the future.

"And since all that is over, we can get back to our usual fun jobs," He muses.

"Why are you bringing this up, Sting?" I inquire. This was actually the most interesting conversation with Sting, I had since we were kids.

"I don't know. We haven't done a mission like this since the grand magic games." He observes. Off into the distances, I could hear the sound of footsteps echoing through the landscape. The footsteps came to halting stop when they most likely saw our two figures.

"I found you." The voice, most likely coming from one of the guards, Sting and I neglected forgot to neutralize. I peered over my shoulder to see the guard in the yellow helmet and navy and gray armor standing a few yards away. By now Sting had brought his head up to see who entered our presence.

"Take this!" Without any hesitation, the guard launches an arrow into my direction. I felt it draw closer and closer towards me but I didn't move. Before reaching me, Sting snatches the arrow out of the air. To the guard's surprise, Sting began to bite down on the arrow. The arrow was gone in minutes, startling the guard before us.

"He's eating the arrow!" The guard screams. It was evident by now that he was stricken with fear at Sting's actions. By now he makes a startling realization at who we were by the change in his tone. This is usually the common reaction to anyone that Sting and I come across when we go on missions together.

"Don't tell me it's them?" He shuddered. A minute after he realized our identities, a bright and large beam of light barreled towards him. Everything that stood in Sting's attack got destroyed. The mean released his last blood-curdling scream as Sting's light dragon roar hit one side of his body. The sheer power of Sting's roar ripped past the man and through three stone walls behind him, as well. I finally turn my attention to the man, arms crossed over my chest and my black hair falling into my face. Sting gets up before wiping his face. The man was a whimpering mess after Sting's blast to half of his body.

"Damn, don't tell me I missed," He chuckles; "Guess I'm out of practice his head is still there."

"I knew it. It is you," He mutters, with an underlying tone of pure terror. "The twin dragon's slayers of the Sabertooth guild in the flesh. White Dragon Sting and Shadow Dragon Rogue, the Dragon-slayer duo." Without another word he tossed his bow to the side and took off into in the other direction.

"Hold up," Sting says, jutting his thumb behind us," Are you going to ditch your pals?"

"Dude that's cold." I followed where Sting pointed at seeing the bodies of all the fallen soldiers at the bottom of the chasm.

I look over at the blond headed boy beside me after the guard left. Sting looked like he was holding back a laugh.

The corners of Sting's lips curled upwards, he tried to hold back from laughing but his cheeks swelled. His laughter erupted, echoing around us. When I turned to look at him, his was hunching over in laughter, while slapping his knee. I rolled my eyes.