Chapter Four: Ruby Eyes

I woke up with a small trail of drool rolling down my cheek. That's an attractive way to wake up in the morning. I sat up on the bed and looked around the room adjusting to the sunlight peeking through my windowpanes. I wiped the drool off my face. "What happened?"

I scan the room and come to the conclusion that I must have fallen asleep as I was unpacking. Sometime last night, I must've placed all the empty bags into the closet. I assumed that the clothes that I brought were in the closet or any of the drawers in the dresser. I let myself lean back into the warmth of the bed. I released a content yawn and shifted over to look at the clock on the bedside table. The time was 12:52. If I had slept in this late back in Magnolia, a search party would've been deployed by my comrades. And since I'm not there I can enjoy these moments. Since I was up until dawn unpacking my bags, it was a blessing that I got to sleep in this late. I draped my arm across my eyes and let my other armrest on the pillow. A content sigh escaped my lips as I reveled in this wonderful moments.

I rolled around on the bed for awhile like a child. My body wasn't ready to detach from my dream world but my mind was racing with ideas for the coming day. With a few failed attempts to go back to sleep, I succumbed to the fact that I couldn't. The covers that I laid tangled in were lazily tossed off my body. I rolled off the bed and brought my arms above my head to stretch and wake my muscles up. I sluggishly made my way to the closet for a set of the fresh clothes to change in after a refreshing morning shower. Rummaging around the closet, I decided on a black halter top, denim shorts, and black socks. I toted all my clothes to the bathroom attached to my room.

The bathroom had the same interior design as the bedroom did. It was completely white with a single band of blue lining. Besides the color blue, the faucet was gold along with the towel racks which held blue towels. Who styled their apartment? Because this place was amazing.

"I could live here forever." I placed my clothes on the counter and walked over to the shower. I started to fiddle with the foreign controls of the shower. It took me several minutes to turn the water on and it wasn't even the hot water. I almost caved in and took a cold shower but I pioneered on in hopes of mastering the controls. In the next few minutes, I was able to turn both cold and hot water on.

"Victory is mine," I cheered. Even though this wasn't the same as completely a solo mission it came close. I stripped off my clothes and entered the shower. I allowed myself to bask in the hot water hitting my skin; until, I grabbed my vanilla scented soap. I placed a generous amount of soap in my hand before running across my body. I stopped when suds ran across the pink Sabertooth guild mark. I eyed the intricate snake-like design on my hand. A familiar feeling blossomed through my chest and spread across my body. It was the feeling that I got when I received my Fairy Tail guild mark. I smiled at that distant memory and continued to shower.

I left the shower feeling clean and ready to start a new day with my temporary guildmates. I grabbed the towel off the rack and dried myself off. When I was completely dried off, I put on the clothes that I picked out and dumped my other clothes in the hamper. I turned back to the mirror and looked at my tangled blonde locks. I rummaged around the cabinets and drawers for a comb and brush. When I found one, I began to run the comb through my hair and untangle any knots in my hair. I tried to put all my hair in a functional ponytail but gave up and let it fall to my mid-back.

To continue my morning routine, I picked up my toothbrush and began to brush my teeth. After a few minutes, I exited the bathroom and grabbed a sheer black sweater along with my boots. Then I exited my room, entering the hallway. Once I entered the hallway, I heard a small voice come from below me.

"Lucy you are awake!" A small voice exclaimed from below. I look down at my feet and saw the cosplaying cat. "Fro was sent to see if you are awake; Rogue and Sting want to take you sightseeing."