Chapter Five: Lucy And The Twin Dragonslayers

The sun peeked through my bedroom window, lighting my hair like a fiery halo. I lifted my head from the pillow, allowing my blonde hair to tumble down my back like a waterfall. The vibrant rays of the sun lit up the room in a glossy, gold sheen, blending with the falling leaves of autumn. I turned to the window beside my bed and opened it. A cool sea breeze rolled into my room; I took a slow breath. The sound of the rhythmic waves tumbling in the surf brought a peaceful hymn to my ears.

I closed my eyes again, letting the rays of the sun warm my body. A happy sigh escaped my lips, as I relived the memories of yesterday. I was so distracted with reliving the experience that I didn't hear my door opening.

"Lucy, are you ready to go to the guild?" A tiny frail voice hummed, from behind me. I tore my attention from the city and back into the room. Standing in the middle of my room was the two exceeds They had their usual outfit on but with a knapsack on their back. I closed the window and sat back down on the bed. I smiled at the two cats acting as my wake up call.

"Of course; I'm always ready!" I balled my hand up into a fist, to show my determination. I jumped off of the bed and bounced over to my closet with the small exceeds behind me.

"How far is the guild from here?" I asked poking around my closet for my mage gear.

"It's about 10 minutes away but we are going to go eat," Lector answered. I sent them a perplexed expression. What is the point of leaving when we have food here?

"Don't we have food here?" I asked. Lector shook his head and then chuckled.

"Why?"

"Sting eats everything the day of or after we buy groceries," Lector clarified. I laughed out loud. Of course, he does. Why am I not surprised.

"Natsu does the same thing for me, so I learned to hide everything now," I muttered. I finally came across my clothes and pulled them out. I grabbed my baby blue top that was lined with gold buttons and opened at the back. Then I grabbed my white skirt that had gold buttons as well. Then, I grabbed the blue and white armband and started off to the bathroom. They followed close behind me until I made it to the bathroom door. I stopped and looked at the two cats. "Can, you guys go see what Rogue and Sting are doing."

They give me Happy's signature 'aye sir' and flew out of the room, leaving me. Once they left the room, I closed the door and stalked over to the shower and turned it. I stripped down and then stepped into the shower and allowed the hot water to cleanse my body. I reached over to my vanilla soap and squeezed it into my hand and ran it over my body.

After what seems like a decade of being in the shower, I heard a swift knock on the door. I pushed the curtain a little to see if anyone was in the bathroom. If I was back in Magnolia, Natsu would already have had been making himself comfortable in my house.

"Who is it?" I inquired.

"It's Sting, we are waiting for you to grace our presence. You have been in their for millenniums." The door muffled his voice but I could hear the sarcasm dripping off his words. I screamed back a 'shut up' and turned off the shower. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I dried myself off and then put my clothes on. Next, I brushed my hair and put it in two long ponytails. When I was ready, I stepped out of the bathroom and crossed my room back into my closet. I slipped on some white socks and then my brown thigh length boots. I gave myself a once over in the mirror, then grabbed my whip and key bag.

I exited my room and walked down the halls expecting to see the duo playing their video game. Instead, Sting was hanging out on the couch looking at a stack of papers sitting on the coffee table. While Rogue was in the kitchen reading a book and drinking some coffee. The exceeds were hanging out on the floor.