Chapter Eleven: Lady Aelia

The scene began to replay in my mind, for what seemed liked centuries. I couldn't dream about anything else but the last mission. In all honesty the more the scene repeated itself, the more terrifying it became. I couldn't shake how heartless, I looked. It sent shivers down my spine, making me want to cower away in fear. And that is what I was doing this time around.

The castle walls began to manifest around me again. I was walking through the same rubble and debris that littered the castle floor. The scene played out again just like a movie. Except I was a ghost in my own memories, just observing like a bystander. I stood right in the middle of the fight. I was standing directly behind the beast and I's figures.  I closed my eyes, I couldn't bring myself to even wtach the events unfold again. Even with my eyes shut, I already knew what was happening. I knew that the girl mustering that much strength to fight that beast off was not me. She was seething with murderous intent and overwhelming power.

Off in the distance, I could hear Sting's voice, but I couldn't quite pinpoint where his voice came from. My knees began to buckle unde me, making me sink down to the ground. I brought my hands over my ears in an attempt to block out the invading noises.

The next sound I heard was the whimper of the beast and a weapon being equipped. I clamped my hands down over my ears trying not to hear the next part.

Survey the Heavens, Open the Heavens

I call upon the heavenly waters
To envelope the world
Above the heavenly sphere and
Below to the underworld
To purify all evils
Eridanus

The words felt so familiar and yet so foreign to me. I could remember letting them slip past my mouth and tumble out into the air, but I had no knowledge of it prior to this moment. Whatever that mysterious spell was, it did a lot of damage to the beast. I could feel the water rush past my body and hit the beast sending him back. I could faintly pick out the smell of blood lingering in the air. I was beyond mortified at my ruthless behaviour. I unconsciously curled up, wrapping my arms around my knees. I could hear myself move in my direction, where I was sitting before stopping in front of me.

"Look at me." I felt the tip of a blade being placed under my chin and forcing my head up. I clenched my eyes shut refusing to comply. "Look at me Lucy."

I shook my head violently, trying not to look into those empty eyes that I witnessed before hand. "No, don't hurt me." I started to violently tremble. I expected for the worse to come to me but instead a warm hand took a hold of my cheek. I flinched.

"I am not going to hurt you, dear." An ethereal voice purred. "Please open your eyes."

After a few moments, I slowly opened my eyes. A bright light flooded into my pupils, before dimming and revealing a female figure. I blinked trying to adjust to the bright light. By now the tip of the blade had been removed from my neck and the soft hand had been removed from my face. My eyes had finally adjusted to the dim lighting around me. I surveyed the area. Where ever I was it was covered in dark purples and blues that seemed to illuminate the jungle-like area. I was taken aback from the scenery. I could hear the sound of waterfalls in the distance and the animals scurrying by. My eyes drifted up into the night sky, it was absolutely breathtaking. The sky looked like it was painted with hues of purples, pinks, and blues, then small specks of white were scattered across the sky. "Where am I?"

"The spirit world, Lucy," The feminine voice replies. I unconsciously nod my head at her answer. I push myself off the ground and stood on my shaky legs. Up until now I didn't notice my articles of clothes. I was wearing a long white dress that had a blue sash around the waist and a long blue cloak strapped around my shoulders. I look up at the shadowy figure in front of me, ready to interrogate her.