Chapter Thirteen: Back To Basics

"This is so unfair. I can battle maniacal mega-villains all day and night, but one measly little bruise and I'm stuck on the couch at their apartment!" I ranted crumbling this idiotic note that I found on the island counter in the kitchen this morning. What a fantastic way to start a morning. I chucked the paper towards the living room and watched it sail across the room before hitting a wall and dropping to the floor. I stared at the location of the paper until turning and shuffling angrily to the fridge, while releasing a slew of obsenities to no one in particular but myself, "I hope they can hear what I am saying about them because this is a big mistake!"

"What a bunch of assholes," I hissed, throwing the fridge door open. To make matters worse the fridge was empty.

"We literally bought food yesterday, how could it be empty by now?" I slammed the door shut and continued to mutter cuss words about the day I was having so far. I slumped over in frustration.

"Guess I have to go out and get something for myself." I huffed. Parts of the note flashed in my mind as I thought about leaving.

'There shouldn't be any reason why you leave the house.'

"Bullshit." I stalked in the direction of my bedroom to change. I was still in my pajamas when I found that note. Correction, I've been wearing pajamas for the past weeks. For the previous four weeks, I have been condemned to only staying in the boy's apartment while the exceeds and the duo go to the guild or somewhere else. And everytime they leave I get the same responses of 'you need to stay and rest' or 'your wounds need to heal.' Now its finally making me frustrated because they pull shit like this leaving me behind. They both know that my wounds have healed by now, all that is left are fading scars. Nothing I can't handle. I have been begging for them to let me join after I was cleared by both of them that my injuries were no longer a problem and now they ditch me. "Those dragon slaying bastards!"

I threw open my bedroom door and clambered over to wardrobe, digging around for something casual to wear. I settled on a pair of pink athletic short shorts and a white cropped top. I pulled on my socks and shoes, after grabbing my purse and keys then went straight out the door to feed my growing appetite. Once I made it outside into the cool sea breeze of Hargeon, I turned in the direction of the market.

"When those two get back, I'm going to give them a piece of my mind and my signature 'Lucy Kick'." I sneered.

As I was walking along the path, I realized that the boys and I haven't been to market since, I first came to Hargeon.

"It feels so long ago," I murmured wistfully into the wind. I couldn't believe that it has been a little over a month that I've been with the four members of our rival guild. I felt as though I have learned so much about them in that short amount of time. For example, Frosch has always thought he was a frog and refuses to be told otherwise, which is kind of adorable. While Lector keeps a picture of Carla in his vest, which sounds creepy when I think about it.

Now their dragon slayers are interesting. Always arguing over small things like cheating in their videogames or taking clothes from each other. Just really dumb things to get mad about but I equate it to their dragon-like habits; for example Natsu and Gajeel they have a weird possesive side and habit of hording items that serve no purpose to them.

Last week I found a candy bar wrapper in Sting's room and as I was going to throw it out, but he flipped out and said it held sentimental value. Just weird. Besides having so many equivalent qualities they are complete opposites and I don't mean magic wise. Sting is loud and brash, he literally and figuratively brightens a room. I've learned he likes waking up at the crack of dawn for no apparent reason what-so-ever, I've asked him why and all he gives me is a shrug.