Chapter Fourteen: Annoying Blondes

"Well this is a nice change of scenery," Sting remarked. I shot him a quick glare. He was looking around his cell with a goofy smile painted on his face. Besides being thrown in a dungeon and getting our asses hand to us by a dark guild, he seemed to be taking this whole situation well, unlike me.

"It's a prison cell," I quipped. I couldn't believe that he was trying to make a joke of our current situation. At any given moment we could be killed and he feels like complimenting the scenery. What an idiot.

"I was just trying to lighten the mood with sarcasm," He murmured letting his shoulders slump down because my reaction to his joke wasn't what he wanted. I stared at him with wide eyes. I can't believe he is pouting about how I didn't find his joke funny. I shook my head and continued to pace around the small dark cell. "It could have gone much worse."

"There were at least seventeen ways this job could have been better. Literally. Like I am counting them right now, you moron."

"I thought the plan was genius," He sulked.

"Walking straight through the front door of a dark guild and claiming that you were going to quote on quote 'show them who's boss', and then throw a table at someone, was your plan." I jeered.

"Yeah," He mumbled, "Lector and Frosch thought it was good."

I was dumbfounded. How cocky can he be sometimes. "Why did you trust their judgement, they don't have to do all the fighting. On top of that Frosch has trouble finding the bathroom without ending up in the wrong room and you thought entrusting him with a battle strategy was a beneficial idea?"

Sting tried to defended himself but I continued to rant about his plan. If you could even call it a plan. "I'm positive a rock could make a better battle strategy Sting."

"To be fair it was going pretty well for awhile," He but in.

"You were out there for fifteen minutes before the same table you threw was thrown back at you. To add to that my magic has been sealed off so I can't phase out into the shadows." I fiercely lectured. I looked down at the gray seal that was placed on my bare chest that was seen through my tattered blue jacket. I huffed out an annoyed sigh shutting my eyes attempting to calm down.

"Look on the brightside the exceeds got away and could get Lucy," He offered.

"Like I said before Frosch has no sense of direction. We are literally going to die," I bit back. I sent the blond boy in the cell parallel to me a menacing glare.

"You have a point there," He admitted, "if we get out this you can totally punch me as hard as you want."

I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back into to my cell and zeroed in on the chains around my wrist. "Sounds good to me."

After that the two of us stood in absolute silence. A pen could've dropped a mile away and Sting and I would have heard it. I began to pace around my cell trying to devise a plan to get out. Unfortunately, I came up short with a solid plan, so I just walked aimlessly in circles around my cage only taking quick glances at the boy across from me or the dungeon opening. For the most part I thought he was sleeping until he randomly broke his silence.

"I think Lucy likes you." Sting said out of the blue. I stopped walking to eye him curiously in the cell across from me. He was playing with his shackles around his wrist. I grimaced.