Chapter 4:~Unprepared~

Emersion walked through the empty corridors of Lustilla castle. No one had seen Elora since the coronation and her council demanded to know why their Queen was neglecting her duties to the kingdom though Emersion knew very well why. Elora was like a daughter to him. He had known her since she was born as had Charline. For Elora, they were like her second parents. He knew very well where he could find the young elleth.

Elora sat in the great library, reading and writing in a book when Emersion sat down beside her with a sigh. He looked at her with concern. Elora looked up at him. "What?," she asked. Emersion gave her a look. "You have not shown up in the whole morning. You're neglecting your duties," he stated, "We both know what's this about. I know you too well, Elora. I've known you since you were a baby," And Elora looked at him and sighed. "Emersion, I cannot do this!," she admitted, "I cannot be Queen. I'm not ready!," And Emersion sighed, "But you are Queen now and your people needs you," And Elora stood up. "How can I?," she began, trembling, "How can I be Queen if I cannot even control my own fears?," Emersion sighed and walked over to her. "It's something else. Has your nightmares become worse?," And Elora turned to the wizard. "Yes. But it's not what I'm scared of. Sooner or later, the council is going to demand me to marry. After what happened two years ago, I cannot even think the thought," Emersion sighed, "You're still in fears of being touched, aren't you?," And Elora sighed and tears started welling up in her eyes. "I feel like, I'm sleepwalking. That I don't know how to wake up," she admitted. Emersion sighed and put a gentle hand. "I'm always going to be here for you. And I know that someday, someone will come around to help you heal the pain that we cannot not," he explained, "Elora, you're like a daughter, you are a daughter to me. And I love you and I will not let anything happen to you again. I promise," And he pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly as Elora started to cry. Emersion broke the hug to look at her. "Let's go and meet with the council, together," he said. Elora smiled warmly in response and nodded.

Elora laid down in her chaise longue with a book later that night. The doors to the balcony were opened and the wind blew through the curtains before the balcony doors. Amaranth snuck into Elora's chambers like a shadow and made his way towards the young Elleth. "Soon, you shall be mine," he smiled wickedly when he was interrupted by footsteps approaching the white double doors to the chambers. He quickly disappeared into the shadows. Emersion and Charline entered Elora's chambers and Charline smiled weakly when she saw Elora. "My dear child," she sighed softly with a gentle smile. Emersion sighed and went over to his wife. "She hasn't taken her potion against her nightmares," he explained. Charline sighed, "We'll just have to keep an eye on her tonight. If her nightmares return, we'll give her the potion then. We don't want to wake her now. Let her sleep," Emersion nodded and walked over and grabbed a blanket that he gently laid over Elora. "Sleep, my child," he whispered softly and gently kissed her forehead. "Mmm," Elora mumbled in her sleep at his touch. Charline quietly picked up the book that laid on the floor below the chaise longue that Elora had probably been reading when she fell asleep and placed it on the white small round table beside the chaise longue. She gently blew out the candles around in Elora's chambers and Emersion closed the balcony doors and locked them before they left Elora's chambers quietly.

Amaranth smiled wickedly for himself as he finished the poison he had made for Elora. "Soon, my young Elleth. Soon, you'll be mine," he smiled wickedly and laughed.