your lips and me - trina

Trina sat on the stone stairs outside her rather large home, cradling the baby in her arms close, awaiting her husband to exit his dull colored car and open the white gate, wait for said gate to slowly swing open, come driving down the road, and park in front of the garage.

The air was crisp and the sky was painted several colors; soft oranges, peach, light purples and pinks, maybe a small bit of pale blue left over. The day was coming to a close, the sun was setting.

She watched as his car came careening down the driveway and halting in front of the garage, standing up to greet the man she had married.

She said hello, and asked what he'd like for dinner. He mumbled something in response, which she didn't hear, before opening the garage. He motioned for the other man
- a tall, slender and decently attractive brunet-in his car to get out and follow him, leaving Trina and the baby alone. She sighed, following after them and watching them enter the den, the wooden double doors being closed and locked by one of the men after they entered.

She walked into the kitchen, putting the baby in his high-chair. The baby started crying, as if to whine and say, 'what's for dinner? I'm hungry!'

"Ohh, yes, I know. You're hungry, I know." She ran her finger over the bridge of the baby's nose.

She ran to the fridge, almost tripping in her heels, but still retrieving the baby food. Back to the baby. "Shush, your father will be angry. Eat up." The baby gripped the food with his tiny hands.

He stopped crying.

"Oh, Jason, all good things come to pass, you know." She rolled her eyes, looking at the baby. "Do you know what I think of, Jason? I think of sunshine and roses in bloom. What else am I supposed to think of? My husband?" She laughed. "Well, I would, but he's off sitting with Whizzer Brown in the den. Oh...he might as well be digging his fucking grave." She spat, not realizing she cursed in front of her sweet baby. When it did process with her, she clasped a hand over her lipsticked mouth and ran to the high-chair that Jason sat in, his face messy with mushy orange substance which was baby food, and gave him a soft kiss on his small head.

Trina swallowed. She hated to bother Marvin when he was with Whizzer, but she needed to know what he wanted for dinner. If she were to prepare it incorrectly, Marvin would do who knows what?

So, she let her trembling legs guide her to the den. She let her shaking hand knock gently on the door.

"M-Marvin, what do you want for dinner..? I didn't hear you before..."

"Linguine."

She nodded and tottered away, back to the kitchen, to prepare the dinner her husband so desperately desired.

Sooner than later, it was ready. Trina could hear Marvin complaining to Whizzer, saying something about "a tight knit family".

"Marvin! Dinner's ready!" She called, hoping for once her husband would eat with her.

But of course, he took the two plates of food his wife prepared for him and his...friend and walked right back into that den.

She sighed. "Of course."

Trina took the bottle of red wine sitting on the counter and poured the liquid into a wine glass, then placed it back on the black marble counter. She picked up her son from his baby chair and walked to the den, knocking on the door.

Marvin called out for her to come in in an awfully rude tone, but still, she did.

She put the baby in his crib that always stayed in the den. There was several cribs scattered around rooms in the house so Jason could be with his parents whenever.

"Trina, I am not taking him. I'm busy."

"I don't care. He's your son as well. I can't take care of him on my own! I'm tired of being the only responsible person in this damn house!"

"Marvin, she's got a point."

Trina glared at Marvin with unblinking eyes. She then turned on her heels, walked back to the door and up the two small, almost useless stairs, and slammed the doors behind her, not caring for Marvin's response.

Wine solves all of a ladies problems, doesn't it? Of course it does. Trina took the bottle and the wine glass, stomped up the stairs, slamming and locking the door of her bedroom behind her. She didn't ever qualify it as Marvin's bedroom, only her own, because Marvin was always, ALWAYS, sleeping in the den, with Whizzer Brown.

She waltzed to the bathroom and placed the liquor on the shiny white counter, going on to bend over and plug the bathtub's drain. She gripped the knob that somehow linked to the hot water and watched as the faucet began to spit water into the tub, gradually getting warmer as it fell to its destination.

Trina kicked off her heels, they landed someplace where she didn't care. She lifted her dress over her shoulders, revealing her body, the exception of some places being covered by her undergarments.

She discarded her undergarments as well, before dipping her foot into the scolding water. "Fuck!" Trina yelped, clattering backwards. It was hotter than she expected.

She turned off the hot and shifted it to cold, creating a perfect mixture of hot and cold. Warm. Warm. A feeling she didn't have anymore. Marvin took that away ages ago.

Before slipping into the water, she poured bubbles in and lit a few candles, then grabbed her wine and the bottle and slinked into the bath. The feeling of the warm water against her soft skin was enough to keep her warm for days. It was better than anything.

She was in the tub for probably half an hour before she was too drunk to stay in any longer. She could drown, for God's sake.

Trina dragged herself out of the tub, draining it and putting her undergarments back on. She stumbled to her closet to find her nightgown and pulled it over her shoulders, then back to the, oddly carpeted area near the bathtub, pouring herself another glass of wine and drowning in the alcohol.

She stumbled to her bed, collapsing onto the comforter and drifting to a peaceful sleep, ignoring the baby's muffled wailing coming from the den. Ignoring the fact she was in a loveless marriage. Ignoring that she only married Marvin because she was carrying his child nine months ago and her father would have killed her if he found out.