Mrs. Brown

"You're kidding. Again?" Whizzer asked, holding the telephone in one hand and a cigarette in the other. "Shit, okay. When can I be ready? When can I be ready..."

He paused to think.

"Thirty minutes." He decided. And with that, he hung up the phone, put out his cigarette after smoking it one last time.

Whizzer waltzed to his bedroom. He searches through his closet, his shoes, and his drawers to find the things he needed, and began to get ready.

Twenty-seven minutes later, he was in his car, barefoot with his shoes in the seat next to him, driving to Marvin's house.

His car came to a halt outside Marvin's humble home in the humble cul-de-sac. He put his shoes on and got out of his car, then walked to his boyfriends front door and knocked.

It opened to Marvin saying something along the lines of 'He'll be ready soon, I have to get the door.'

"Lady, whatever you're selling, I'm not buying it." Marvin groaned before beginning to close the door, being stopped quickly by Whizzer holding it open.

"Marvin, that is no way to talk to your boyfriend, is it?"

"Whizzer?" His eyes grew wide.

"No shit."

"Oh, I barely recognized you. Sorry."

"That's okay, baby." Whizzer smiled.

Whizzer was dressed in a red long sleeved dress, padding in an attempt to mimic breasts, which worked surprisingly well. He had nude tights on and red heels, accompanied by red lipstick, mascara, and a blonde wig.

He hated it, but it was necessary. The three of them, Whizzer, Marvin, and Jason, had to go have a meeting with Jason's teacher; which never ended well.

The many times before this, Marvin would have to go alone, but when Jason's teacher was informed there was a wife involved in this family she required her to come along. At the first few occasions, Marvin would say his wife was sick or on vacation, but when those excused got old, Whizzer had to get involved; hence the hetero woman disguise.

Whizzer was an actor in his high school days. He played many female roles. He could do a spot on feminine voice as well, somehow.

The trio got into Marvin's car and soon enough we're at the school, still filled with children. Jason had been sent home for not focusing, which was always the reason. Students were scattered on the blacktop and on the field. It was lunch.

When the three entered the classroom of Jason's teacher whom was waiting impatiently, the youngest of the three began to panic, while Whizzer stayed calm and nonchalant.

"Ah, Mr. and Mrs. Gardens! Pleasure to meet you, Mrs...?"

"Whizebelle." Whizzer smiled. "Oh, and my last name is Brown. I decided to keep my last name rather than take his. I think it fits me better than Gardens. Before you remark upon my name, it is quite interesting. My mother and father decided they wanted a quirky child with a bizarre name so I could be different, but it only god me bullied as a child. So anyways, you can call me Belle. Or if you prefer to be proper, Mrs. Brown." The emphasis on 'Brown' was clear.

Jason's teacher nodded. All of that information was useless, but some people just don't stop talking, do they?

Whizzer would. He knew when to tell his life story and when to shut up, but Whizebelle? This 'character' would talk for ages.

And that's exactly what 'she' did.

As Whizzer sat down, he continued to talk. 'So, Ms...?"

"Goldberg." She smiled.

Marvin looked away ashamed, Whizzer holding back a chuckle.

"Ms. Goldberg, what did my sweet Jason get in trouble for now?" He used a specific voice when saying Jason's name. One that a mother would use to her newborn, or an adult man would use to a puppy.

"Your son was not paying attention in class, and seemingly never does! I have been a bit worried lately. Is everything okay at home, Mrs. Brown?"

"Oh, yes. Everything is lovely, Jason just has a wild imagination, that's all. It's not unusual for Jason to be unfocused at all. We'll be conversing during supper and he'll be thinking who knows what. It's entertaining to watch, however. My little boy growing up so fast. Oh, Jason..." He trailed off.

Whizzer had perfected the voice of Lisa Fremont, Rear Window. Any straight man would fall for his persona.

In fact, Whizebelle was almost completely based off of the character of Lisa Fremont. Rear Window was Whizzer's favorite movie, so it wasn't surprising.

"Oh, that's awfully relieving to hear. Thank you for telling me this, I was worried he could've been being abused or something."

"Not at all. We try our best to parent him best we can." A smile spread across Whizzer's face.

"Wonderful." She turned to Jason. "Jason, please try your best to stay focused. I understand having an imagination, but school is very important as well. You three can go now. Lunch is almost over, anyway."

"Oh, alright. Goodbye, Ms. Goldberg. Until next time!" Whizzer joked. The three heard Ms. Goldberg giggle softly as the left the room.

As they walked through the hallway, Jason saw one of his closest friends leaving the bathroom.

"Veronica! Hi!"

She smiled at him. "Hi, Jason. Are you going home early?"

Jason nodded. "Yep."

Veronica nodded. "Cool. Have a fun rest of your day! Oh, and hi, Marvin, hi," She began to say Whizzer, but realized she should absolutely not, and finished by saying Whizebelle.

"Hello and goodbye. Have a good day, Veronica." Whizzer said, smiling.

The trio walked back to Marvin's car just as the bell rang, signaling lunch had came to a close.

"So, Marvin, she's the Ms. Goldberg I've heard so much about?"

"Shut it, Whizzer."

There was a silence for a moment as Marvin started the car.

"How about us three go get lunch? I'll pay." Whizzer suggested, knowing that Marvin most likely hadn't made lunch for Jason yet; because Jason always either got school lunch or Whizzer would make it for him.

"Ooh, yeah! Can we go to that one diner by the mall?" Jason asked. He loved going out for lunch, but he barely got to anymore.

"Sure." Marvin replied, being he was the one driving...

Marvin rested one hand on Whizzer's thigh and one on his wheel, Jason staring out the window listening to his walkman.

They were family. They loved each other. That's all that was important.

"I love you, Mrs Brown." Marvin said, a mocking tone lacing his voice.

"I love you too, Marv." Whizzer replied, smiling.

One happy, tight-knit, amazing family.