fighting over dinner - chardelia

"Maybe I could be an actress." Cordelia mumbled, her normally loud and bubbly voice had became quiet and angered. looking across the table at her girlfriend. "Because clearly, I'm no good at being a caterer."

Cordelia refused to look at her girlfriend, staring at the peach painted wall -which the girls recalled watching the paint dry for at least an hour before leaving home to get food when they first moved in together- rather than making eye contact with her girlfriend.

"Delia, stop it. You know I love your food. I already told you I'm not hungry." Charlotte snapped. She was exhausted, it felt like it was the longest day ever, being trapped in a hospital all day willingly was one thing, but having to work with sick patients, the never ending smell of vomit and medical supplies.

"Whatever." The younger scoffed, standing up and taking Charlotte's plate. "I'll just bring it to Marvin. Maybe he'll eat it."

"Marvin will eat any dinner you bring for him. He can't make it himself. He shut out the people who would make it for him. He'll eat it if he fucking hates it."

"And you won't?! I get I'm bad at cooking but can't you give me a little mercy? Jesus." Cordelia rolled her icy blue eyes, putting the food into a plastic container before walking to the white wooden door.

"Cordelia, it's snowing, you can't go out without a jacket." Charlotte insisted, her demeanor changing when she realized her girlfriend could go outside and potentially freeze. It was unlikely, as Marvin was their neighbor, but Cordelia was awfully sensitive to the cold.

"Watch me, bitch." She sneered, opening the front door and slamming it behind her.

Cordelia didn't think this through. She was wearing a tank top with an off the shoulder sweater, sweat pants, and Uggs, her blonde curls tied into a ponytail with two strands hanging down in the front.

Charlotte exhaled as she stood up. Cordelia was petty as fuck, but Charlotte loved her anyways.
Most of the time, at least...
Charlotte knew Cordelia would return home sooner or later, either tipsy or flat out drunk, stumbling through the door and probably forgetting to lock it, toppling up the stairs and into their room, falling next to Charlotte and whispering gentle apologies mixed with love pecks, then she would struggle to kick off her shoes and collapse into her girlfriends arms.

Marvin stood up to answer the door after he'd heard the gentle knocking coming from Cordelia.

He opened the door carefully, revealing a shivering Cordelia, holding herself in a sad attempt to not freeze half to death, while still holding the tubs of food.

"Oh, shit," Marvin mumbled. "Come in. Are you okay?" He asked, condolence lacing his voice. It was shocking, as his normally stern voice had became gentle so fast.

Cordelia had an exasperated look on her face. She was shivering violently as she sat next to the fireplace, attempting to warm herself up. "No. I'm not okay! I'm freezing, I'm angry at Charlotte, and I'm hungry!! We got in a fight in the middle of dinner so I didn't finish it, and then I took her food because she wasn't eating it so I could bring it to you because at least you'll eat it, and you know I cannot be outside in the cold without icicles growing on my tits. Do you have champagne?"

"Lord, Delia. Calm down. Give me the food." The man walked over to his best friend and took the food from her trembling hands, bringing to the kitchen and placing it on the marble counter. He then proceeded to open the fridge and grabbing a bottle of champagne. He didn't bother to pour it into a glass, he knew Cordelia would prefer just the bottle. It was unethical, but she was upset. "Do you want spaghetti?"

"You can't cook." She grumbled, standing up while still shaking while making her way to the kitchen. "Let-let me do it."

"Cordelia," He handed her the bottle. "No. Go sit back down, drown yourself in champagne. I know how to make spaghetti."

Cordelia sighed, defeated, taking the bottle into her hands and sitting back by the fireplace and taking a deep breath before opening the bottle and taking a big swig.

A short while passed, the liquid in the bottle growing less and less. Cordelia had finished her spaghetti, and now the two were sitting on the couch watching television and drunkenly giggling at the horrible jokes the characters would spit out every few minutes.

Before they knew it, a few hours since Cordelia arrived had passed. She was no longer shivering, in fact, she was quite warm.

"I think it's about time you head home, dear." Marvin voiced. Cordelia glanced at him and frowned.

"Whyyyy? We're havin' so much fun, Marv! I don't wanna go home." She groaned, clearly much more drunk than the other.

"Cordelia, go home."

She sighed, defeated. "Fine...can you walk me home, I think I'll collapse on my face if I try to walk in the snow..."

"Sure. Let's go." Marvin stood up, helping his best friend up. He gave her his heaviest coat so she wouldn't freeze again.

He helped guide her to her respective home and made sure she got inside safely.

When she did get inside, she closed the door behind her and locked it, before throwing off her- Marvin's coat -and wobbling upstairs, before collapsing into bed with her girlfriend.

She kicked off her shoes and pulled off her pants, because who needs pants when you can sleep comfortably in your underwear, sliding the tank top off from under her sweater; leaving her only in her sweater and underwear.

"Charlie..." She whispered, her eyes half-lidded.

"Delia?"

"Oh, Charlie, I'm so sorry for yellin' at ya earlier...I hope you fixed yourself some food after I left."

"I did, don't you worry your pretty head."

"If I worry my pretty head too much, the blonde'll seep into my brain and I'll be dumb."

"Oh, honey. How much did you drink?"

"Just like," she paused. "I dunno. A lot, probably. I'm tired."

"Me too," Charlotte replied, curling her lovers hair between her fingers. "We should go to sleep."

When she said that, she didn't realize that Cordelia's head was nestled comfortably in Charlottes neck, fast asleep.

Charlotte smiled, holding Cordelia close as she herself drifted to sleep, thinking about how she possibly could've been blessed with such an angel.

She loved Cordelia, even if they did fight so often. She loved everything about the angel who was Cordelia.