Chapter 31

It's late evening as my footsteps crunch through the snow as I make my way to the back of Charlotte's house and it's hard to miss the loud yelling coming from the kids. I'm met with the sight of Jade, Wren, and Oli playing together in the deep snow while Charlotte and Victoria are keeping the twins entertained near the porch.

"Somehow I knew even though driving here would take shit ton of time, you'd be here," I say aloud startling Camryn from whatever she was doing on her phone.

"Not that I don't mind having time to myself, I just didn't have anything to do at home. Plus I like the snow so you won't see me complaining," she replies before laughing at the face I make when she says that.

"Well I'd take being home instead of being out here any day," I reply as I wave to Jade when she notices me.

"You guys heading home now?" she asks and I shake my head.

"Not yet, I need to talk to you all about something, Julia included," I reply to her. "I told Haruto to let her borrow his phone so we could video chat her."

"So this has to do with Jade then?" she asks and I nod my head.

"What has to do with Jade?" Victoria questions as she walks up to us with Charlotte right behind her, her hands clasped onto each twin.

"I'll explain when we're inside," I tell her. "They had enough fun in the snow?" I ask her as Justin walks up to me and takes my hand. 

"Yes, the rest of them can stay out for a bit longer but these two have had their fun," Charlotte answers as we go inside. Victoria and Camryn leave us to go to the kitchen, Victoria voicing that she'd make us something warm to drink while I help Charlotte get the twins out of their winter gear. "Out of all his aunts your Justin's favourite while Victoria is Jayden's," she tells me and I laugh before smiling down at Justin.

"I'm your favourite aunt right kiddo?" I ask as Justin smiles back at me before holding out his arms for me to pick him up. 

"I'm not around children that much but I'm happy he's not scared of me or anything like that," I tell her as she picks up Jayden and we go to the kitchen.

"Are you planning to have kids of your own someday?" she asks me and I nod my head.

"When I marry Mr. Right someday, then that's when I plan to have children," I reply to her. When I do have kids in the future, I want to be a better mom to my children than my mom was to me. At least I have positive influences around me of Charlotte and Victoria and now even Julia. 

"Does that mean Mr. Right could be Nash? He understands you best right?" she asks me and Camryn perks up when she hears that.

"You're thinking of marrying Nash?" Camryn says in a high-pitched voice and Victoria's head whips around to look at us.

"Well, well, if things keep going well it could happen so not right now at least," I say mumbling the last part but the girls don't miss it as they exclaim in excitement. Marriage? To Nash? We've only recently become official even though we were together but unlabeled for a while. Yeah, I'll file this away to the back of my brain until a later date. "Maybe ask me again in a year or so."

"I'm definitely telling Julia later, got to keep our other girl in the loop," Camryn says with a mischievous smile but I roll my eyes at her good-natured ribbing. "Speaking of which, you want to call Julia now?" 

"Yeah, just give me a second," I tell as I sit down next to her. I pull out my phone, dial Haruto's number and after a couple of seconds, Julia's face fills the screen.

"Natalia," she greets with a small smile.

"Hey girl," Camryn says as she leans in next to me so her face fits the frame.