Chapter 1

I wake up to a vibrating noise beside my ear. A small groan passes from my lips as I slowly sit up, an ache going through the lower part of my body. The hand that was wrapped around my waist slips into my lap and I look at my bed partner, still dead to the world.

Fuck, he really went hard last night though it's not like I'm complaining. The vibrating of my phone reminds me that someone is still waiting for me to pick up. I grab it turning the screen over as it lights up the darkness and see my boss calling.

"Jason, what can I do for you at," I pause looking at the time on the screen. "Three in the morning? You know you're disturbing my beauty sleep."

"Do you think I want to be calling you at this time?" he snaps. "I need you to come in right now, there was a fight at a night club and it's not too far from where you live, not a great way to start the new year."

"Fine, give me fifteen minutes and I'll be there," I sigh as I move the blanket off my lap.

"I'm going to try and see if I can reach Nash, he put his phone on silent again," is all he says as cuts the line. I turn off the screen and grab my charger when I feel fingers tugging on my hair.

"I didn't know you were the type to sneak out of bed in the middle of the night," a voice thick with sleep teases.

"Why would I sneak out of my own bed Nash?" I ask as I turn to face him. "That was the Chief, he's calling me to come in right now and you but he couldn't reach you. Text him back and tell him you'll be there," I say to him as I get up from the bed and flick on the bedroom lights to wake him up.

"I'll be up in a second," he says as lounges back against the headboard, his eyes gazing over at my naked body before focusing on his phone as it powers on. I observe him for a moment, his warm dark skin, chiselled face not to mention those rock-hard abs. Wait, I can't go thinking about that.

I shake those thoughts out of my head as I go to the bathroom, only stopping to plug my phone to charge, turn on the shower and start quickly cleaning myself up. I hear the door unlock a couple of minutes later and the curtain opens as another body steps in.

"You couldn't wait?" I ask passing him the soap so he can wash.

"I'd rather avoid getting chewed out for being late," he replies as he lathers himself. I let out a small hum as the last of the soap suds on my body washes off and just as I'm getting out I feel his arms sneak around my waist brushing my skin, his cock pressed against my back as he kisses my neck. "If it weren't for us leaving right now, I'd want to go another round."

"It's a shame you'll have to wait until another time," I reply cooly as I pull his hands off of me and step out of the bath while grabbing my towel. I dry myself quickly before leaving the bathroom, go to my closet to put on a matching lingerie set and then put on the rest of my uniform. I tug on my sweater and fix my uniform pants before walking to my vanity to grab a hair tie.

"You have five minutes to get dressed so we can leave," I tell Nash as he walks inside my room, water trailing down his body. I look away from him so my thoughts don't trail off to the sex we had earlier and I walk past him, stopping to grab my police coat and gun before going to the front door.

"Did Jason text you where we're going?" I hear him call out.

"Yeah, I wonder if the people there got too much alcohol in them and it just clouded their senses," I muse.

"I guess we'll see when we get there," he replies as I grab my car keys and pocket them. "You're not riding with me?" he questions as he ties his boots.