Chapter 33

"What are you planning to do Felix? Do you not realize that kidnapping me in broad daylight isn't going to help your case? And did you not think that we already know everything you've been doing?" I demand as he stands up and steps back from me. He's silent momentarily before his hand swings out striking me across the face my breath is knocked out of me. I turn to glare at him, my face stinging from his palm. "Did that make you feel better?" I can't help taunt but he just slaps me in the face again in response.

"You really threw me for a loop you know, I wasn't expecting an expert in hacking," he says as he brushes his hair from his eyes and glares down at me. "In all the years we worked together I knew you had some basic skills but I didn't think you were on the same level as me."

"I never had a reason to talk about what I'm good at except with Jason and I've never had to go this far until now because of you," I say to him. "How the hell did you even end up in this bullshit?" The second my question leaves my mouth the other side of my face is blooming in pain as he punches it and it's just my luck that he hits the same cheek that's healing from when Aurora hit it. 

"It was when we were working on a case months back and I stopped by the forensics office to talk with Georgia and I saw her plans so I offered to help, it just sounded interesting," he says with a shrug of the shoulder. "The last time I participated in something this interesting was when the mafia was working with the police."

"You really don't give a fuck about anyone do you?" I say bluntly as he laughs.

"I do anything that catches my interest for example helping the mafia and the police, letting the people that caused Jason's girlfriend's car crash last year escape and now this," he says casually and I feel my blood boiling. Here is someone that we trusted in our line of work but he was doing whatever the fuck he wanted knowing that people could get hurt. "How did you even realize it was me working with them anyways?"

"I got Jason to get a warrant for Georgia's computer in secret so I could bug it and access it remotely," I tell him, there's no reason to hide it now since we've reached this point. "Did you think I wouldn't recognize your digital footprint after working with you? You even tried to purge her computer thinking you'd be able to hide and get away with it."

"I only realized you knew when I was rewatching security footage from yesterday when you finally figured it out," he says to me. "It was fun while it lasted but now I need to make sure I get away from all this and start over because of you." I watch him walk and pick up containers and recognize them as the ones you would put gasoline in.

"What are you doing?" I ask warily as I watch him open it and start to pour it onto the crates around me.

"You remember last year when a woman almost killed Jason's girlfriend while she was in the hospital? I decided to take a page out of that her book to do the same though the only difference is that I know I'll be successful," he replies casually and I feel my body freeze when he says that. I remember when Jason called me saying that Victoria was almost stabbed by her ex-best friend. She was lucky she wasn't burned when she did that to her.  

"Even if I die they will catch you," I say strongly as he laughs.

"They'll have a very hard time trying," he chuckles. "I had a feeling you might give me trouble earlier in the investigation so I shot you that time we went to arrest your friend the bar owner." When he says that my jaw drops in shock. We knew there was a second person in the warehouse that day, I was the one that confirmed it since there was no way that Lucas could have shot me. But to hear that it was Felix that did it, this is something that I wasn't expecting.

"What, how, when," my words stumble over one another.

"I convinced Jason that we should split up and while he was looking for Lucas I was looking for you," he answers without care. "You should count yourself lucky since shooting you in the arm wasn't my original target. Sending Aurora after you was another failure on my part as well." A shiver passes through me at his calculated response. If my body was directly in his field of vision I would have died and Felix would have gotten away with it.