Chapter 32

I'm disoriented as I come to, the left side of my head is throbbing in pain. It takes me a couple of seconds to focus on where I am and also realize my body is immobile. I look down to see my duck-taped hands, feet, and torso with the tape wrapped around a pillar behind me; it's wound so tightly I'm surprised I haven't lost circulation yet as I wiggle my fingers. I've also been stripped of my jacket and bulletproof vest leaving me in only my long-sleeved shirt. I'm also obviously missing my gun but I thankfully still have my pocket knife in my bra.

My eyes look around my surroundings to see crates around me, seems like I'm in another warehouse and most probably this isn't the most recent one we know of. I'm broken out of my thoughts when I hear footsteps approaching me and I'm not surprised as a figure stops a couple of feet away from me and crouches down to my level where I'm on the floor. 

"So you're really going to do this?" I ask as I glare at the person in front of me, someone I thought I could trust.

"I can't have you running around and ruining things for me, I haven't gotten caught these past years and you need to disappear," they reply coldly. "I have to make sure to clean things up nicely, the other one messed up earlier by letting you go." The fact I got caught is such a rookie move that I want to continuously hit my head against a wall.  I wish I could go back to hours ago or else I wouldn't be in this mess, especially without backup. 

《 Flashback, hours earlier

"So you were right, he did end up asking for a deal if he cooperates with us," Jason says as soon as I enter his office.