False Alarms || Bakugou x Reader

False Alarms by Noah Reid

The sound of laughter and music filled the banquet room. You're class planned a Prom like the ones in America to celebrate the end of your all's third year.

Bakugou stood on the edge along the wall. He listened to the sound of a piano playing through the speakers. Oh god a slow song. He sunk even farther back as couples began to move toward the dance floor.

He saw Deku nervously take Uraraka's hand in his and guide her, followed by Mina grabbing his red head best friend, Kirishima. But then there was you.

You sat with your chin resting on your hand decorated with a corsage. The sweet heart neckline of your navy silk gown made your skin glow in the lights. Bakugou noticed you resting your leg out of the slit of your dress and it made his ears burn.

He watched Mina wave at you as she held on to Kirishimas neck. When he looked at you, he nearly melted at the playful smile on your lips as you open and closed your hand in a wave to the couple. Mina pouted at you sitting alone at the table and motioned for to join the two of them.

Laughing at her attempt to make you feel better, you lifted your dress out of the way and walked over. Kirishima and Mina open their arms to hold you and sway back and forth.

If Bakugou was honest, the sight was pathetic, but the dopey look on your face said otherwise. When the trio spun around enough for Kirishima to see Bakugou, he began making eye motions between him and you.

Bakugou kissed the back of his teeth and shook his head at the red head, but Kirishima gave him his signature, 'Come on bro' look. Glaring at him, he pushes himself off the wall with his foot and strides over to you.

The feeling of large hands spinning you around causes you to gasp. Before you can even realize who grabbed you, Bakugou already has his hand in yours and his other on your lower back.

"Bakugou? What are you doing?," you asked flustered.

"That was a sad sight," he jokes as he sways you to the music.

"Aw did you come to save me?"

He just smiles and runs his hand over your back.

"Sure you can say that."

Amber liquid and sparkling champagne filled glasses around the banquet hall. The sounds of stringed instruments and jazz filled the silent void of your thoughts.

You slid your glass to the bartender for him to top off your drink. It wasn't until you noticed a familiar hand sliding money toward the bartender next to you, did you finally look up from the mahogany bar.

Bakugou sat in the stool next to you. He had gotten even more well built since high school since you could see the fabric of his emerald green suit practically clinging to his skin.

He pulled your glass from your hand and took a sip, raising an eyebrow at you.

"Scotch?," he questions spinning the rocks around your drink.

"Whose askin?," your lightly buzzed state drags each word.

"You do realize this is a charity ball, right?," he chuckles.

"Yup."

"So why are you over here drinking your night away," he asks dragging his finger around the rim of your glass.

A sigh escapes your nose before you rest your chin on your palm.

"Life I guess."

"Why are you here by yourself?"