Legends Never Die & Don't Watch Me Cry || Bakugou x Reader

Legends Never Die by Against the Current and Don't watch me cry by Jorja Smith

Authors note:
Lol you get two songs cause they fit the theme but any who here's something Angst bitchez 🤪

Quirk: Harmony (the ability to harmonize with one's own voice)

You felt nauseous looking at yourself in the mirror. Your stylist dressed you in a red gown with a bodice covered in red ruby's that covered your chest and blended in with your skin.

"I think the red looks very good on you ms.y/n!," your stylist Miko said as she made her last adjustments.

"I don't feel very good," you sighed out.

You couldn't hear the sound of your manger closing her laptop. The faint clicks of her heels echoed across the room as she walked up to your trembling form.

"You know you don't have to do this. I know everything is still kinda... fresh," she said rubbing your back.

"But you know how big this gig is. Plus so many people already think I only got this gig because of Kat-Bakugou."

Your manager took the hair brush from your stylist and started brushing the back of your hair. "I remember when I saw you singing at that talent show when you were in high school. I remember thinking, wow this girls got it. Now look at you. All grown up and about to perform at the national hero awards no less." She set the brush down and turned you around so she could cup your cheeks, "Words can't describe how proud of you I am."

"Which is why I have to do this," you said grabbing her wrist and pulling them from your face so you could get up.

You could hear the sound of the Host and laughter through the venue as you made your way back stage.

A short woman with a clipboard and lanyard tapped your shoulder, "Ms.Y/n you're on in 3 minutes. Please come with me."

You followed her to the audio set up as she's fitted you an ear piece.

"Alright alright guys, now we have a real treat! Performing her song Legends Never Die! Y/n!," the host cheers into the mic.

The lights blind you when you walk on to the stage. You could feel your heart beat all the way in your feet. Eyes of all the heroes in the industry were on you.

When you reached the mic, you could hear the familiar intro and piano. Gently you sang into the mic before you inhaled.

"Legends never die
When the world is callin' you
Can you hear them screaming out your name?"

A large screen begins to roll down behind you.

"Legends never die
They become a part of you
Every time you bleed for reaching greatness
Relentless, you survive"

A clip of the heroes Shoto and Deku came up. They were fighting a villain in the streets.

"They never lose hope when everything's cold and the fighting's near
It's deep in their bones, they'll ride into smoke when the fire is fierce"

You take the mic out of the stand and belt,

"Legends never die
When the world is calling you
Can you hear them screamin' out your name?
Legends never die!"

The next shot is Red Riot and Dynamite. You can hear the crowd roar with applause at the heroes as the sounds of them fighting over the audio.

"They're written down in eternity
But you'll never see the price it costs
The scars collected all their lives
When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream"